- Agile Information Systems Development
- This research field focuses on the software development under the agile methodology paradigm. I study interpersonal relationships and particularly commercial friendships in agile teams, social governance mechanisms for the team, critical success factors in agile ISD, lean agile development, issues related to distributed development teams and team performance.
- Human Behaviour in Online Social Networks
- This research field focuses on social media and particularly online social networks as a technology for humans for their leisure and work. I examine human behaviour in online social networks, the use and adoption of the technology, change is network structures over time, and possibilities for innovative usage.
Projects include: Understanding Mobile Individuals' Feelings of Social Loneliness.
Projects include: Social Media and Relationships - book chapter and corresponding teaching slides (to be used under a creative commons license)
- IT Artifact Research
- This research field focuses on theorizing about the IT artifact in IS research and intitial findings have been published at ICIS 2008 with Susan A. Brown.
Projects include: Providing a systems thinking framework for information systems research to delineate characteristics of IT artifacts
- Matook, Sabine and Brown, Susan A. (2017) Characteristics of IT artifacts: a systems thinking-based framework for delineating and theorizing IT artifacts. Information Systems Journal, 27 3: 309-346. doi:10.1111/isj.12108
- Madlberger, Maria and Matook, Sabine (2017) Theorizing e-commerce business models: on the impact of partially and fully supported transaction phases on customer satisfaction and loyalty. Australasian Journal of Information Systems, 21 1-25. doi:10.3127/ajis.v21i0.1426
- Krell, Katharina, Matook, Sabine and Rohde, Fiona (2016) The impact of legitimacy-based motives on IS adoption success: an institutional theory perspective. Information and Management, 53 6: 683-697. doi:10.1016/j.im.2016.02.006
- Matook, Sabine, Soltani, Sheida and Maruping, Likoebe (2016). Self-organization in agile ISD teams and the influence on exploration and exploitation. In: International Conference on Information Systems, Dublin, Ireland, (). 11-14 December 2016.
- Butler, Brian S. and Matook, Sabine (2015). Social media and relationships. In The international encyclopaedia of digital communication and society (pp. ---) London, United Kingdom: John Wiley & Sons. doi:10.1002/9781118767771.wbiedcs097
- Matook, Sabine, Brown, Susan A. and Rolf, Johanna (2015) Forming an intention to act on recommendations given via online social networks. European Journal of Information Systems, 24 1: 76-92. doi:10.1057/ejis.2013.28
- Matook, Sabine, Cummings, Jeff and Bala, Hillol (2015) Are you feeling lonely? The impact of relationship characteristics and online social network features on loneliness. Journal of Management Information Systems, 31 4: 278-310. doi:10.1080/07421222.2014.1001282
- Matook, Sabine and Maruping, Likoebe M. (2014) A competency model for customer representatives in agile software development projects. MIS Quarterly Executive, 13 2: 77-95.
- Matook, Sabine and Vidgen, Richard (2014). Harmonizing critical success factors in agile ISD projects. In: Smart Sustainability: The Information Systems Opportunity. AMCIS 2014: 20th Americas Conference on Information Systems, Savannah, GA, United States, (). 7-10 August 2014.
- Matook, Sabine (2014) A method for evaluating performance of IT-centric businesses applied to the domain of electronic marketplaces. Journal of Computer Information Systems, 54 2: 44-56.
- 2009 Award for Excellence in Research at UQ Business School
- 2000 Dr Feldbausch Award, Technische Universität Dresden, Germany
|Governance of Agile Software Development Projects||Discovery Project funded by the Australian Research Council (ARC)||2016-2018||Undisclosed|
|Adopting Online Social Networks for Commercial Friendships||University of Queensland||2010-2011||Undisclosed|
|UQ Travel Awards Category 2||University of Queensland||2009||Undisclosed|
|User Goals, System-Goal Match, and Perceived Usefulness||University of Queensland||2006-2007||Undisclosed|