- Diversity in Organisations and Teams: Managing Workplace Diversity, Diversity training and Intercultural Communication
- Special interest in how employees from diverse ethnic backgrounds, skills and gender work together in variety of organisational settings. Also, interested in intercultural communication and diversity training, and the determination of the social and cultural factors that influence communication in workgroups. Isolating the effects of training on interpersonal, intragroup and intergroup communications patterns and outcomes in organisations and teams.
- Organisational and Team Outcomes: Trust, Innovation and Performance
- Identifying the factors associated with effective stimulation and maintenance of innovation in cross-disciplined teams. I am also interested in the interplay between conflict and trust. In particular, I am interested in identifying the processes that are effective for managing conflict productively to facilitate trust and innovation in both face-to-face and virtual teams as well as across cultural organisational boundaries.
- Organisational Physical Environment and Workspaces, Employee Territoriality, Leadership and HRM
- I am interested in organisational and teams’ physical workspaces and environment. Special interest in the effect of physical settings and employees’ territoriality on organisational and team processes of conflict and emotions and leaders’ management of workspaces. Also, identifying aspects of leaders’ attitudes, behaviours and effectiveness in leading multi-discipline and multi-cultural teams and organisations. Ascertaining the connection between HRM and organisational as well as team functioning.
- Workplace Conflict and Emotions
- I am interested in team processes of conflict, emotions and communication. Particular interests include determining sources of conflict and its related emotions as well as the management of conflict and emotions in teams and organisations.
- Caputo, Andrea, Ayoko, Oluremi B., Amoo, Nii and Menke, Charlott (2019) The relationship between cultural values, cultural intelligence and negotiation styles. Journal of Business Research, 99 23-36. doi:10.1016/j.jbusres.2019.02.011
- Chua, Jeremy and Ayoko, Oluremi B. (2019) Employees’ self-determined motivation, transformational leadership and work engagement. Journal of Management and Organization, . doi:10.1017/jmo.2018.74
- Monaghan, Natalya and Ayoko, Oluremi Bolanle (2019) Open-plan office, employees’ enactment, interpretations and reactions to territoriality. International Journal of Manpower, . doi:10.1108/IJM-10-2017-0270
- Caputo, Andrea, Ayoko, Oluremi B. and Amoo, Nii (2018) The moderating role of cultural intelligence in the relationship between cultural orientations and conflict management styles. Journal of Business Research, 89 10-20. doi:10.1016/j.jbusres.2018.03.042
- Low, James J. Q. and Ayoko, Oluremi B. (2018) The Emergence of Spiritual Leader and Leadership in Religion-Based Organizations. Journal of Business Ethics, . doi:10.1007/s10551-018-3954-7
- Kromah, M., Ayoko, O.B and Ashkanasy, N. (2018). Workplace territoriality in the context of organizational change. In: Australia and New Zealand Academy of Management (ANZAM) Conference 2018, Auckland, New Zealand, (). 4-7 December, 2018.
- Ayoko, O.B. and Callan, V. (2018). Innovation, change and paradoxical behaviors in Scientific R & D teams. In: Fourth Israel Organizational Behavior Conference (IOBC), Tel Aviv, Israel, (). 2nd-4th January, 2018.
- Manchha, A. and Ayoko, O.B. (2018). Employees Lived Experience, Emotions and Paradox with the paradoxical Open-plan office. In: Australia and New Zealand Academy of Management (ANZAM) Conference 2018, Auckland, New Zealand, (). 4-7 December, 2018.
- Sidibe, D. and Ayoko, O.B. (2018). Negotiating with Sub-Saharan Africans: The role of time, communication and relationship. In: International Association of Conflict Management (IACM) Conference, Philadelphia, United States, (). 8-11 July, 2018.
- Tann, K. and Ayoko, O.B (2018). Communicating in space: A discourse analysis of open plan offices. In: 68th Annual Conference of the International Communication Association, Prague, Czech Republic, (). 24-28 May, 2018.
- Member, Australian Institute of Management.
- Member, US Academy of Management
- Member, International Association of Conflict Management
- Member, Australian and New Zealand Academy of Management
- 2013 Emerald Literati Network Awards for Excellence for Outstanding Reviewer 2013 for her contributions to the success of the International Journal of Conflict Management.
- 2013 Emerald Literati Network Highly Commended Paper Award Winner for Chen J. and Ayoko, O.B. (2012) "Conflict and trust: the mediating effects of emotional arousal and self-conscious emotions" International Journal of Conflict Management, 23(1), 19-56.
- 2009 International Journal of Conflict Management, Outstanding Paper Award Winner
- 2006 Research Excellence, Institute of Public Administration (IPAA, QLD Chapter)
- 2002 UQ Women Fellowship
- 2001 Best Paper Recognition, US Academy of Management (AOM) Conference
|'Employee wellbeing and productivity: The role of territoriality, conflict and emotions' (with Professor Neal Ashkanasy, Professor Karen A. Jehn, and Professor Christopher W. Clegg).||ARC Discovery||2011-2013||$245,000|
|Reliable performance in teams (Qld Health)||ARC Linkage||2005||$170,000|
|Innovation management||CSIRO/UQBS Collaborative Grant||2004||$90,000|
|Org. space and conflict management||UQ Development Grant||2004||$11,500|
|Team diversity and innovation||UQ Early Research Grant||2001||$13,500|
|Managing diversity||UQ New Staff Start Up Grant||2000||$10,000|