- Diversity in Organisations and Teams: Managing Workplace Diversity, Diversity training and Intercultural Communication
- Special interest in how employees from diverse ethnic backgrounds, skills and gender work together in variety of organisational settings. Also, interested in intercultural communication and diversity training, and the determination of the social and cultural factors that influence communication in workgroups. Isolating the effects of training on interpersonal, intragroup and intergroup communications patterns and outcomes in organisations and teams.
- Organisational and Team Outcomes: Trust, Innovation and Performance
- Identifying the factors associated with effective stimulation and maintenance of innovation in cross-disciplined teams. I am also interested in the interplay between conflict and trust. In particular, I am interested in identifying the processes that are effective for managing conflict productively to facilitate trust and innovation in both face-to-face and virtual teams as well as across cultural organisational boundaries.
- Organisational Physical Environment and Workspaces, Employee Territoriality, Leadership and HRM
- I am interested in organisational and teams’ physical workspaces and environment. Special interest in the effect of physical settings and employees’ territoriality on organisational and team processes of conflict and emotions and leaders’ management of workspaces. Also, identifying aspects of leaders’ attitudes, behaviours and effectiveness in leading multi-discipline and multi-cultural teams and organisations. Ascertaining the connection between HRM and organisational as well as team functioning.
- Workplace Conflict and Emotions
- I am interested in team processes of conflict, emotions and communication. Particular interests include determining sources of conflict and its related emotions as well as the management of conflict and emotions in teams and organisations.
- Caputo, Andrea, Ayoko, Oluremi B. and Amoo, Nii (2018) The moderating role of cultural intelligence in the relationship between cultural orientations and conflict management styles. Journal of Business Research, 89 10-20. doi:10.1016/j.jbusres.2018.03.042
- Low, James J. Q. and Ayoko, Oluremi B. (2018) The Emergence of Spiritual Leader and Leadership in Religion-Based Organizations. Journal of Business Ethics, . doi:10.1007/s10551-018-3954-7
- Ayoko, Oluremi Bolanle, Ang, Andrew A. and Parry, Ken (2017) Organizational crisis: emotions and contradictions in managing internal stakeholders. International Journal of Conflict Management, 28 5: 617-643. doi:10.1108/IJCMA-05-2016-0039
- Aw, Vincent Kai Jie and Ayoko, Oluremi Bolanle (2017) The impact of followers’ conflict behaviors on teams’ transformational leadership, team member exchange and engagement. International Journal of Conflict Management, 28 4: 509-532. doi:10.1108/IJCMA-04-2016-0020
- Melgoza, Alberto R., Ashkanasy, Neal M. and Ayoko, Oluremi B. (2017). Gender self-categorization, emotions, and experience of aggression in a male-dominated workforce. In Wilfred J. Zerbe, Charmine E. J. Härtel, Neal M. Ashkanasy and Laura Petitta (Ed.), Research on emotion in organizations, Volume 13: Emotions and organizational identity (pp. 175-195) Bingley, United Kingdom: Emerald Publishing Limited. doi:10.1108/S1746-979120170000013010
- Irving, Gemma L., Ashkanasy, Neal M. and Ayoko, Oluremi (Remi) (2016). Cognition in context: How open-plan offices can help or harm cognition. In: Israel Organizational Behavior Conference, Tel Aviv Israel, (). 6-8 Januray 2016.
- Ayoko, Oluremi Bolanle (2016) Workplace conflict and willingness to cooperate: the importance of apology and forgiveness. International Journal of Conflict Management, 27 2: 172-198. doi:10.1108/IJCMA-12-2014-0092
- Ramirez Melgoza, Alberto, Ashkanasy, Neal M. and Ayoko, Oluremi (2016). Determinants of aggressive behaviour in a male-dominated workplace. In: British Academy of Management Conference, Newcastle, United Kingdom, (). 6-8 September 2016.
- Caputo, Andrea and Ayoko, Oluremi B. (2016). An exploratory study of the effect of cultural intelligence in conflict management and negotiation. In: British Academy of Management Conference, Newcastle, United Kingdom, (). 6-9 September 2016.
- Abusaidi, Saud Nasser and Ayoko, Oluremi (2016). Crisis, communication and employee development: The case of Oman Oil and gas Industry. In: British Academy of Management Conference, Newcastle, United Kingdom, (). 6-8 September 2016.
- Member, Australian Institute of Management.
- Member, US Academy of Management
- Member, International Association of Conflict Management
- Member, Australian and New Zealand Academy of Management
- 2013 Emerald Literati Network Awards for Excellence for Outstanding Reviewer 2013 for her contributions to the success of the International Journal of Conflict Management.
- 2013 Emerald Literati Network Highly Commended Paper Award Winner for Chen J. and Ayoko, O.B. (2012) "Conflict and trust: the mediating effects of emotional arousal and self-conscious emotions" International Journal of Conflict Management, 23(1), 19-56.
- 2009 International Journal of Conflict Management, Outstanding Paper Award Winner
- 2006 Research Excellence, Institute of Public Administration (IPAA, QLD Chapter)
- 2002 UQ Women Fellowship
- 2001 Best Paper Recognition, US Academy of Management (AOM) Conference
|'Employee wellbeing and productivity: The role of territoriality, conflict and emotions' (with Professor Neal Ashkanasy, Professor Karen A. Jehn, and Professor Christopher W. Clegg).||ARC Discovery||2011-2013||$245,000|
|Reliable performance in teams (Qld Health)||ARC Linkage||2005||$170,000|
|Innovation management||CSIRO/UQBS Collaborative Grant||2004||$90,000|
|Org. space and conflict management||UQ Development Grant||2004||$11,500|
|Team diversity and innovation||UQ Early Research Grant||2001||$13,500|
|Managing diversity||UQ New Staff Start Up Grant||2000||$10,000|