- 1. Organizational Trust: A multi-Stakeholder Perspective
- What influences stakeholders’ trust in organizations? Do the drivers of trust differ across stakeholder groups? This programme of field research investigates the drivers of organizational trust from a multi-stakeholder perspective. Current projects are focused on the Coal Seam Gas and transportation industries
- 2. Organizational Trust and Reputation Repair
- How do leaders and organizations repair trust and restore their reputation and legitimacy after a trust failure? This programme of research spans conceptual work and empirical case studies on the processes involved in repairing an organization’s reputation and trust once damaged. Case studies either underway or complete have focused on UBS Bank, Siemens, Mattel, Toyota, Barclays, The BBC, BAE Systems and Severn Trent. A focus of this work examines the processes of restoring trust in the financial sector after the Global Financial Crisis. Another focus is on understanding how leaders repair trust, with one large project examining MPs efforts to restore their reputation in the context of the UK Parliamentary expenses scandal.
- 3. Understanding Trust and Innovation in Intra-Organizational Social Networks
- What role do trust and social networks play in driving innovation? This longitudinal field project investigates the role of trust in the formation and maintenance of social networks for innovation in R&D and Hi-tech firms.
- 4. Understanding Success and Failure in Telehealth
- Telehealth is a disruptive technology that has the potential to radically transform the delivery of health care services, as well as access to clinical services for remote, disabled and indigenous Australians. This programme of research within the Centre for Excellence in Telehealth examines the barriers and facilitators to successful Telehealth uptake and implementation in range of settings including rural hospitals, residential aged care facilities, indigenous communities and home care.
- 5. Managing Professional Transitions in Healthcare
- This ARC funded longitudinal field project examines how health professionals make two critical career transitions: 1) the transition to a new hospital (newcomer socialisation) and 2) the transition into leadership and management roles (leadership socialisation). A key focus is on understanding the role of organizational identity and trust during these transitions. The study employs a mixed qualitative and quantitative design and is working partnership with public and private Australian hospitals.
- 6. Trust Dynamics in Self-Managed Teams
- This body of research investigates the influence of group composition and diversity, group processes and team structure on the development and dynamics of trust in self-managed teams. A key focus is on understanding the antecedents of trust asymmetry and dispersion in teams.
- 7. Employee Trust and Commitment During Organziational Change
- How can organisations maintain employee trust and engagement during organizational change? This research examines this question with a particular focus on maintaining trust during organisational downsizing and cost-cutting.
- 8. Developing and Repairing Trust Across Cultures
- How do people develop trust across cultural divides? This work focuses on the processes, dynamics and challenges of trust development and repair in cross-cultural working relationships.
- Janda, Monika, Horsham, Caitlin, Koh, Uyen, Gillespie, Nicole, Vagenas, Dimitrios, Loescher, Lois J., Curiel-Lewandrowski, Clara, Hofmann-Wellenhof, Rainer and Peter Soyer, H. (2019) Evaluating healthcare practitioners’ views on store-and-forward teledermoscopy services for the diagnosis of skin cancer. Digital Health, 5 . doi:10.1177/2055207619828225
- Koh, Uyen, Horsham, Caitlin, Soyer, H. Peter, Loescher, Lois J., Gillespie, Nicole, Vagenas, Dimitrios and Janda, Monika (2019) Consumer acceptance and expectations of a mobile health application to photograph skin lesions for early detection of melanoma. Dermatology, 235 1: 4-10. doi:10.1159/000493728
- Anesa, Mattia, Gillespie, Nicole, Spee, A. Paul and Sadiq, Kerrie (2019) The legitimation of corporate tax minimization. Accounting, Organizations and Society, . doi:10.1016/j.aos.2018.10.004
- Snoswell, Centaine L, Whitty, Jennifer A., Caffery, Liam J., Loescher, Lois J., Gillespie, Nicole and Janda, Monika (2018) Direct-to-consumer mobile teledermoscopy for skin cancer screening: Preliminary results demonstrating willingness-to-pay in Australia. Journal of Telemedicine and Telecare, 24 10: 683-689. doi:10.1177/1357633X18799582
- Janda, Monika, Horsham, Caitlin, Koh, Uyen, Gillespie, Nicole, Loescher, Lois J., Vagenas, Dimitrios and Soyer, H. Peter (2018) Redesigning skin cancer early detection and care using a new mobile health application: protocol of the SKIN research project, a randomised controlled trial. Dermatology, 235 1: 11-18. doi:10.1159/000493729
- Snoswell, Centaine L., Whitty, Jennifer A., Caffery, Liam J., Loescher, Lois, Gillespie, Nicole, Vagenas, Dimitrios, Soyer, H. Peter and Janda, Monika (2018). Consumer preferences for skin cancer detection - probability of teledermoscopy service uptake and willingness-to-pay. In: Successes and Failures in Telehealth Conference 2018, Darwin, Australia, (). 22-24 October 2018.
- Snoswell, Centaine L., Whitty, Jennifer A., Caffery, Liam J., Loescher, L., Gillespie, Nicole, Vagenas, D., Soyer, H. Peter and Janda, Monika (2018). Consumer willingness-to-pay and preference for skin cancer screening services in Australia. In: ISPOR Asia Pacific 2018, Tokyo, Japan, (). 8-11 September 2018.
- Janda, Monika, Horsham, Caitlin, Nguyen, Thi-My-Uyen , Loescher, Lois J., Gillespie, Nicole, Vagenas, Dimitrios and Soyer, Peter (2018). Do participants in an enhanced skin self-examination using digital dermoscopy study worry about melanoma?. In: Abstracts of the 20th World Congress of Psycho‐Oncology. 20th World Congress of Psycho‐Oncology, Hong Kong, (31-32). 29 October ‐ 2 November 2018.
- Gillespie, Nicole and Siebert, Sabina (2018). Organizational trust repair. In Rosalind H. Searle, Ann-Marie Nienaber and Sim B. Sitkin (Ed.), The Routledge companion to trust (pp. 284-301) London, United Kingdom: Routledge. doi:10.4324/9781315745572
- Gillespie, Nicole (2017) Trust dynamics and repair: an interview with Roy Lewicki. Journal of Trust Research, 7 2: 204-219. doi:10.1080/21515581.2017.1373022
- Academy of Management (AOM)
- European Group of Organizational Studies (EGOS)
- European Institute for Advanced Studies in Management (EIASM)
- International Congress of Applied Psychology (ICAP)
- Australian and New Zealand Academy of Management (ANZAM)
- First International Network on Trust (FINT)
|Emotional Intelligence: A Pre-emptive Approach to Stress Management||Commonwealth Department of Defence||2015-2017||$80,158|
|Emotional intelligence (EI) training for Intelligence Corps Soldiers: A pre-emptive approach to stress management||Australian Army Research Scheme||2015-2016||$23,157|
|Stakeholder trust in CSG research and industry operations||Centre for Coal Seam Gas||2014-2015||$273,280|
|The Centre of Excellence in Telehealth||NHMRC Centres of Research Excellence||2013-2018||$2,495,359|
|Understanding trust across stakeholders||Origin Energy Limited||2013-2015||$27,808|
|Trust in organisations: A multi-stakeholder perspective||UQ ECR Grant||2012-2013||$12,000|
|Managing key professional transitions in the health sector||ARC Linkage Project||2011-2015||$470,000|
|The impact of individual and group characteristics on team member attitudes and team performance||Melbourne Business School (internal grant)||2009||$11,827|
|Building, maintaining and repairing trust across cultures: theory and practice||Economics and Social Research Council research seminar grant (UK ARC equivalent - value 14,000GBP)||2005-2007||Undisclosed|
|Occupational stress within Australian universities||ARC Linkage||2000-2003||$245,000|