- Business Process Management
- The goal of this research is to explore how organisations design their operations and identify relevant methods for their improvement. Within the scope of this research are more contemporary operational design issues, such as sustainable process design and process compliance.
- Conceptual Modeling
- The goal of this research is to develop a better understanding of how users utilise conceptual modelling notations, and resulting conceptual models, to communicate and understand system requirements. The research stream is motivated by the need to improve the elicitation of system requirements and the documentation of such requirements to, ultimately, improve the quality of developed systems.
- Open Innovation
- The goal of this research is to explore success factors for open innovation in business and understand the best practice related to collecting and utilising external ideas for radical innovation as well as incremental process improvement.
- Takahashi, Marissa, Indulska, Marta and Steen, John (2018) Collaborative Research Project Networks : Knowledge Transfer at the Fuzzy Front End of Innovation. Project Management Journal, 49 4: 36-52. doi:10.1177/8756972818781630
- Verreynne, Martie-Louise, Indulska, Marta, Steen, John, Torres de Oliveira, Rui and Ford, Jerad (2018). Understanding and measuring revealing: a measurement instrument for non-pecuniary outbound open innovation. In: Australian Centre for Entrepreneurship Research (ACERE) Conference, Brisbane, QLD, Australia Australia, (). 7 - 9 February 2018.
- Chen, Tianwa, Wang, Wei, Indulska, Marta and Sadiq, Shazia (2018). Business process and rule integration approaches - An empirical analysis. In: Business Process Management Forum - BPM Forum 2018, Proceedings. 16th International Conference on Business Process Management Forum, BPM Forum 2018, Sydney, NSW, (37-52). September 9, 2018-September 14, 2018. doi:10.1007/978-3-319-98651-7_3
- Burton-Jones, Andrew, Recker, Jan, Indulska, Marta, Green, Peter and Weber, Ron (2017) Assessing representation theory with a framework for pursuing success and failure. MIS Quarterly, 41 4: 1307-+. doi:10.25300/MISQ/2017/41.4.13
- Sadiq, Shazia and Indulska, Marta (2017) Open data: quality over quantity. International Journal of Information Management , 37 3: 150-154. doi:10.1016/j.ijinfomgt.2017.01.003
- Wei, Wang, Indulska, Marta and Sadiq, Shazia (2017) Guidelines for business rule modeling decisions. Journal of Computer Information Systems, 58 4: 363-373. doi:10.1080/08874417.2017.1285683
- Wang, W., Sadiq, S. and Indulska, M. (2017). Business process model and business rule integration - Towards a decision framework. In: CAiSE-DC 2016 - Proceedings of CAiSE 2016 Doctoral Consortium, co-located with 28th International Conference on Advanced Information Systems Engineering, CAiSE 2016. 28th International Conference on Advanced Information Systems Engineering, Ljubljana; Slovenia, (). 13 June 2016 through 17 June 2016.
- Abdullah, Norris Syed, Indulska, Marta and Sadiq, Shazia (2016) Compliance management ontology – a shared conceptualization for research and practice in compliance management. Information Systems Frontiers, 18 5: 1-26. doi:10.1007/s10796-016-9631-4
- Wang, Wei, Indulska, Marta and Sadiq, Shazia (2016). Cognitive efforts in using integrated models of business processes and rules. In: Sergio España, Mirjana Ivanović and Miloš Savić, Forum proceedings of the 28th International Conference on Advanced Information Systems Engineering 2016 (CAiSE 2016). CAiSE Forum, Ljubljana, Slovenia, (33-40). 13-17 June 2016.
- Wang, Wei, Marta Indulska and Sadiq, Shazia (2016). To integrate or not to integrate - the business rules question. In Selmin Nurcan, Pnina Soffer, Marko Bajec and Johann Eder (Ed.), Advanced information systems engineering (pp. 51-66) Cham, Switzerland: Springer International. doi:10.1007/978-3-319-39696-5_4
- Association for Information Systems (AIS)
- Australian Computer Society (ACS)
|The open innovation process: Factors and technologies that matter||ARC Discovery||2015-2018||$330,000|
|Business process decomposition||ARC Discovery||2013-2015||$234,000|
|A Model for Innovative Postgraduate Education in Information Technology-enabled Services||Carrick Institute||2008-2010||Undisclosed|
|Data Quality Management||ARC Research Network on Enterprise Information Infrastructure||2008||Undisclosed|
|Enhancing Process Modelling Languages with Business Rule Representation Capability||UQ Early Career Researcher Grant||2008||Undisclosed|
|Improving Business Processes: A Pattern-Oriented Approach||UQ External Enabling Grant||2008||Undisclosed|