- Wright, April, Hibbert, Paul, Strong, Ross and Edwards, Marissa (2018) Exposing practical, psychological, and pedagogical shadow sides of experiential learning. Journal of Management Education, 42 6: 761-771. doi:10.1177/1052562918802327
- Edwards, Marissa S. and Ashkanasy, Neal M. (2018) Emotions and failure in academic life: normalising the experience and building resilience. Journal of Management and Organization, 24 2: 167-188. doi:10.1017/jmo.2018.20
- Edwards, Marissa S. and Gallagher, Erin C. (2018) Oh, behave! Insights and strategies for teaching business ethics to Gen Y students. E-Journal of Business Education and Scholarship of Teaching, 12 1: 1-18.
- Lock, Mark J., Stephenson, Amber L., Branford, Jill, Roche, Jonathan, Edwards, Marissa S. and Ryan, Kathleen (2017) Voice of the Clinician: the case of an Australian health system. Journal of Health, Organisation and Management, 31 6: 665-678. doi:10.1108/JHOM-05-2017-0113
- Edwards, Marissa S. and Gallagher, Erin C. (2017). ‘Oh, Behave!’ Insights and strategies for teaching business ethics in the undergraduate classroom. In: Australian and New Zealand Academy of Management, Melbourne, Australia, (). 5-8 December 2017.
- Edwards, Marissa, Lawrence, Sandra A. and Ashkanasy, Neal M. (2016). How perceptions and emotions shaped employee silence in the case of "Dr Death" at Bundaberg Hospital. In Neal M. Ashkanasy, Charmine E. J. Härtel and Wilfred J. Zerbe (Ed.), Emotions and organizational governance (pp. 341-379) Bingley, United Kingdom: Emerald Group Publishing. doi:10.1108/S1746-979120160000012015
- Edwards, Marissa S., Lawrence, Sandra A. and Ashkanasy, Neal M. (2013). The role of perceptions, appraisals and anticipated emotions in shaping reporting behavior in response to wrongdoing. In Ronald J. Burke and Cary L. Cooper (Ed.), Voice and Whistleblowing in Organizations: Overcoming Fear, Fostering Courage and Unleashing Candour (pp. 254-277) Cheltenham, Glos, United Kingdom: Edward Elgar. doi:10.4337/9781781005927
- Marissa Edwards (2011). Employee Responses to Wrongdoing in Organisations: The Role of Psychological Processes in Employee Silence and Whistle-blowing PhD Thesis, School of Business, The University of Queensland.
- Edwards, M.S. and Greenberg, J. (2011). What is insidious workplace behavior?. In Jerald Greenberg (Ed.), Insidious Workplace Behavior (pp. 3-30) New York, United States: Routledge. doi:10.4324/9780203849439
- Voice and Silence in Organizations. Edited by Greenberg, J. and Edwards, M. Bingley, UK: Emerald Group Publishing, 2009.
Dr Marissa Edwards
Lecturer in Management (Early Career Academic)
- PhD, Management Research (UQ Business School)
- BPsychSc (Hons), Psychology (University of Queensland)
+61 7 334 68020
Room 310, Colin Clark Building, St. Lucia Campus