- Tan, Kelvin Jui Keng (2017) Why do overconfident REIT CEOs issue more debt? Mechanisms and value implications. Abacus, 53 3: 319-348. doi:10.1111/abac.12111
- Woods, Keegan, Tan, Kelvin Jui Keng and Faff, Robert (2017) Labor unions and corporate financial leverage: the bargaining device versus crowding-out hypotheses. Journal of Financial Intermediation, . doi:10.1016/j.jfi.2017.05.005
- Zhou, Qing, Tan, Kelvin Jui Keng, Faff, Robert and Zhu, Yushu (2016) Deviation from target capital structure, cost of equity and speed of adjustment. Journal of Corporate Finance, 39 99-120. doi:10.1016/j.jcorpfin.2016.06.002
- Faff, Robert W., Gray, Stephen and Tan, Kelvin Jui Keng (2016) A contemporary view of corporate finance theory, empirical evidence and practice. Australian Journal of Management, 41 4: 662-686. doi:10.1177/0312896216632032
- Huang, Ronghong, Tan, Kelvin Jui Keng and Faff, Robert W. (2016) CEO overconfidence and corporate debt maturity. Journal of Corporate Finance, 36 93-110. doi:10.1016/j.jcorpfin.2015.10.009
- Tan, Kelvin Jui Keng, Lee, Jia Min and Faff, Robert (2015) Short-selling pressure and last-resort debt financing: evidence from 144A high-yield risk-adjusted debt. Accounting and Finance, 56 4: 1149-1185. doi:10.1111/acfi.12125
- Alcock, Jamie, Steiner, Eva and Tan, Kelvin Jui Keng (2014) Joint leverage and maturity choices in real estate firms: the role of the REIT status. Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, 48 1: 57-78. doi:10.1007/s11146-012-9379-7
- Alcock, Jamie, Finn, Frank and Tan, Kelvin Jui Keng (2012) The determinants of debt maturity in Australian firms. Accounting and Finance, 52 2: 313-341. doi:10.1111/j.1467-629X.2010.00397.x
- Breunig, Robert, Menezes, Flavio M. and Tan, Kelvin Jui Keng (2012) An empirical investigation of the mergers decision process in Australia. Economic Record, 88 283: 459-475. doi:10.1111/j.1475-4932.2012.00831.x
- Kelvin Jui Keng Tan (2011). Corporate Debt Maturity PhD Thesis, UQ Business School, The University of Queensland.
- Board Member and Website Administrator - Asian Finance Association
- Member - American Finance Association
- Member - Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand
- 2009 Member Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand
- 2017 Recipient of the Award for Research Excellence
- 2017 Recipient of the Commendation Award for Postgraduate Teaching
- 2016 The Best Paper at the 6th Behavioral Finance Capital Markets Conference, co-authored with Huang R., Sulaeman, J., and Faff R.
- 2016 Recipient of the 2016 Early Career Researcher Excellence in Research Award
- 2013 Recipient of the Award for Excellence in Teaching
- 2011 Recipient of the Dean’s Award for Research Higher Degree Excellence
- 2010 ERES Awards 2010 - IPD Prize for the Best Paper on Real Estate Investment “On the Capital Structure of Real Estate” co-authored with Alcock J. and Steiner E.
- 2007 Recipient of UQ Joint Research Scholarship (UQJRS)
- 2007 Recipient of Highly Commended Abstract at the UQBS research colloquium
- 2006 Recipient of UQ BCom Honours Scholarship
- 2005 Recipient of UQ BCom Scholarship
- 2005 Admitted Dean’s Honour Role for BCom
|Can Business Shocks Explain the Failure of Empirical Tests of Capital Structure Theories?
Joint with Clara Zhou
|CEO Overconfidence and Corporate Debt Issuance: Evidence from REITs||AFAANZ Established Researcher Grant||2016||$4,000|
|What Drives the Firm’s Heterogeneous Speed of Adjustment toward an Optimal Capital Structure?||UQ Early Career Researcher Grant||2016||$16,000|
|Ownership Concentration and Capital Structure||Early Career Researcher Grant||2013||$10,000|
|Managerial Overconfidence and Corporate Debt Maturity||AFAANZ Research Grant||2012||$6,500|
|'The role of Australian CFOs survey in Capital Structure Theories'||UQ New Staff Research Start-Up Grant||2010||$11,904|