- Business Analytics
- The goal of this research is to help organizations create value from business analytics systems. This research focuses on the use and value of data for decision making as well as data governance to better manage the risks associated with data-driven decision making.
- Business Value of IT
- The goal of this research is to help organizations maximise the value from their IT investments. It includes explaining how value is created as well as approaches to measure the impact of IT.
- Ethics of Big Data
- This research explores the impact of big data and artificial intelligence on society. It particularly focuses on issues related to ethics, privacy and accountability as data and algorithms become pervasively used for decision making. The goal of this research is to create pathways to better distribute the value of data-driven services between various stakeholders.
- Wixom, Barbara and Someh, Ida (2018) Accelerating Data-Driven Transformation at BBVA Center for Information Systems Research: Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- Alfaro, Elena, Murillo, Juan, Girardin, Fabien, Wixom, Barbara H. and Someh , Ida Asadi (2018). BBVA Fuels Digital Transformation Progress with a Data Science Center of Excellence. Case Study Report , Center for Information Systems Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
- Shanks G., Gloet M., Asadi Someh I., Frampton K. and Tamm T. (2018) Achieving benefits with enterprise architecture. Journal of Strategic Information Systems, 27 2: 139-156. doi:10.1016/j.jsis.2018.03.001
- Tona, Olgerta, Someh, Ida Asadi, Mohajeri, Kaveh, Shanks, Graeme, Davern, Michael, Carlsson, Sven and Kajtazi, Miranda (2018). Towards Ethical Big Data Artifacts: A Conceptual Design. In: Proceedings of the 51st Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences. Proceedings of the 51st Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, Hilton Waikoloa Village, Hawaii, (4523-4532). Jan 3-6, 2018. doi:10.24251/hicss.2018.571
- Someh, Ida, Jafari Songhori, Mohsen, Wixom, Barbara and Shanks, Graeme (2018). Emergence of data and non-data team networks: an agent-based model. In: Thirty Ninth International Conference on Information Systems. International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS), San Francisco, CA United States, (). 13-16 December 2018.
- Breidbach, Christoph F., Davern, Michael, Shanks, Graeme and Asadi-Someh, Ida (2018). On the Ethical Implications of Big Data in Service Systems. In Handbook of Service Science, Volume II (pp. 661-674) Cham, Switzerland: Springer International Publishing. doi:10.1007/978-3-319-98512-1_29
- Asadi Someh, Ida and Wixom, Barbara (2017) Data-Driven Transformation at Microsoft Center for Information Systems Research: Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- Someh, Ida Asadi and Wixom, Barbara (2017). Microsoft turns to data to drive business success. Case Study Report , Center for Information Systems Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Asadi Someh, Ida, Wixom, Barbara, Davern, Michael and Shanks, Graeme (2017). Enablers and mechanisms: practices for achieving synergy with business analytics. In: Proceedings of the 50th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (2017). Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, Waikoloa, HI, United States, (5358-5367). 4-7 January 2017. doi:10.24251/hicss.2017.649
- Asadi Someh I., Breidbach C. F., Davern M. and Shanks G. (2016). Ethical implications of big data analytics. In: 24th European Conference on Information Systems, ECIS 2016, Istanbul, Turkey, (). 12 - 15 June, 2016.
- Jan-16 - Chancellor's Prize for Excellence in the PhD Thesis, The University of Melbourne
- Dec-15 - Best PhD thesis in Melbourne School of Engineering, The University of Melbourne
|Big Data Analytics and Organizational Performance||The Swedish Foundation for International Cooperation in Research and Higher Education||2017||$22,836|