- Business intelligence and decision making
- Research in this area focuses on business intelligence systems theoretical foundations, applications, and technologies, such as intelligent agents and data mining. Knowledge based business intelligence system is able to optimize business processes and resources, improve proactive decision making, and maximize profits and minimize costs. In particular, I am especially interested in financial monitoring systems, financial information systems, business process management systems, supply chain management systems etc.
- IT innovation and entrepreneurship
- Over the last years, there is a growing research body of IT entrepreneurship in IS community. IT entrepreneurship adds a further dimension of IT innovation to how new ideas are converted into software and hardware products and services. IT entrepreneurship is driven by an individual or a small group of individuals who are referred to as entrepreneurs. IT Innovation and IT entrepreneurship are tightly coupled concepts. I'm interested in research focusing on a range of relevant fertile areas associated to recent trends in IT innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Social media use
- Research on the confluence of social media use to explain how social media is used and how social media influence individuals, businesses, and the society. The recent research areas of social media use include disaster management, software paricy, information quality control, and decision making infrastructure.
- Liu, Fang and Xu, Dongming (2017) Social roles and consequences in using social media in disasters: A structurational perspective. Information Systems Frontiers, . doi:10.1007/s10796-017-9787-6
- Sun, Geng, Cui, Tingru, Beydoun, Ghassan, Chen, Shiping, Dong, Fang, Xu, Dongming and Shen, Jun (2017) Towards massive data and sparse data in adaptive micro open educational resource recommendation: a study on semantic knowledge base construction and cold start problem. Sustainability, 9 6: . doi:10.3390/su9060898
- Wang, Huaiqing, Chen, Kun and Xu, Dongming (2016) A maturity model for blockchain adoption. Financial Innovation, 2 12: . doi:10.1186/s40854-016-0031-z
- Yue, Wei T. and Xu, Dongming (2016) IT-enabled business process management. Information Systems and E-Business Management, 14 4: 691-692. doi:10.1007/s10257-016-0335-6
- Muhammad, Alva, Zhou, Qingguo, Beydoun, Ghassan, Xu, Dongming and Shen, Jun (2016). Learning path adaptation in online learning systems. In: Proceedings of the 2016 IEEE 20th International Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work in Design. 20th IEEE International Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work in Design, CSCWD 2016, Nanchang, China, (421-426). 4-6 May 2016. doi:10.1109/CSCWD.2016.7566026
- Xu, Feng, Zhan, Hongyun, Huang, Wei, Luo, Xin (Robert) and Xu, Dongming (2016). The value of chief data officer presence on firm performance. In: PACIS 2016 Proceedings. 20th Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems (PACIS 2016), Chiayi, Taiwan, (Paper 213). 27 June - 1 July 2016.
- Chen, Kun, Luo, Peng, Xu, Dongming and Wang, Huaiqing (2016) The dynamic predictive power of company comparative networks for stock sector performance. Information and Management, 53 8: 1006-1019. doi:10.1016/j.im.2016.07.005
- Shi, Yunfei, Xu, Dongming and Vessey, Iris (2015). Early-stage software start-up survival: the effects of managerial actions on firm performance. In: Fiona Fui-Hoon Nah and Chuan-Hoo Tan, HCI in Business: Second International Conference, HCIB 2015 Held as Part of HCI International 2015. International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction, Los Angeles, CA, United States, (761-771). 2–7 August 2015. doi:10.1007/978-3-319-20895-4_71
- Sun, Geng, Cui, Tingru, Guo, William, Beydoun, Ghassan, Xu, Dongming and Shen, Jun (2015). Micro learning adaptation in MOOC: A software as a service and a personalized learner model. In: Frederick W.B. Li, Ralf Klamma, Mart Laanpere, Jun Zhang, Baltasar Fernandez Manjon and Rynson W. H. Law, Advances in Web-Based Learning - ICWL 2015. International Conference on Web-Based Learning, Ghaungzhou, China, (174-184). 5-8 November 2015. doi:10.1007/978-3-319-25515-6_16
- Sun, Geng, Cui, Tingru, Li, Kuan-Ching, Xu, Dongming, Chen, Shiping, Shen, Jun and Guo, William (2015). Towards bringing adaptive micro learning into MOOC courses. In: Demetrios G. Sampson, Ronghuai Huang, Gwo-Jen Hwang, Tzu-Chien Liu, Nian-Shing Chen, Kinshuk and Chin-Chung Tsai, The 15th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Learning Technologies (ICALT 2015). 15th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Learning Technologies, ICALT 2015, Hualien, Taiwan, (462-463). 6-9 July 2015. doi:10.1109/ICALT.2015.26
- University of Queensland Business School Research Excellent Award, 2005
- Association for Information Systems, 2000 - present
- 2005 Research Excellence Awards, UQ Business School
|Ontology Design for Anti-Money Laundering in a Complex World||UQ Early Career Research Grant, The University of Queensland||2008||$15,000|
|Adding Diagnostic Capability to Business Process Management Systems by Intelligent Agents||Competitive Earmarked Research Grant (CERG) of Hong Kong Research Grant Council (RGC)||2006-2008||Undisclosed|
|Knowledge-based Electronic Money laundering Monitoring by Intelligent Web-service Agents||Strategic Research Grant, The City University of Hong Kong||2005-2007||Undisclosed|
|Integration of Knowledge Management and eLearning||The Start-up Research Grant, The University of Queensland||2005||$12,000|
|Intelligent eLearning System development and Evaluation||Business Faculty Research Grant, The City University of Hong Kong||2001||Undisclosed|