- Business intelligence and decision making
- Research in this area focuses on business intelligence systems theoretical foundations, applications, and technologies, such as intelligent agents and data mining. Knowledge based business intelligence system is able to optimize business processes and resources, improve proactive decision making, and maximize profits and minimize costs. In particular, I am especially interested in financial monitoring systems, financial information systems, business process management systems, supply chain management systems etc.
- IT innovation and entrepreneurship
- Over the last years, there is a growing research body of IT entrepreneurship in IS community. IT entrepreneurship adds a further dimension of IT innovation to how new ideas are converted into software and hardware products and services. IT entrepreneurship is driven by an individual or a small group of individuals who are referred to as entrepreneurs. IT Innovation and IT entrepreneurship are tightly coupled concepts. I'm interested in research focusing on a range of relevant fertile areas associated to recent trends in IT innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Social media use
- Research on the confluence of social media use to explain how social media is used and how social media influence individuals, businesses, and the society. The recent research areas of social media use include disaster management, software paricy, information quality control, and decision making infrastructure.
- Lokuge, Sachithra, Sedera, Darshana, Grover, Varun and Dongming, Xu (2018) Organizational readiness for digital innovation: Development and empirical calibration of a construct. Information & Management, . doi:10.1016/j.im.2018.09.001
- Muhammad, Alva, Shen, Jun, Beydoun, Ghassan and Xu, Dongming (2018). SBAR: A framework to support learning path adaptation in mobile learning. In: Frontier Computing - Theory, Technologies and Applications, FC 2016. 5th International Conference on Frontier Computing, FC 2016, Tokyo, Japan, (655-665). July 13-15, 2016. doi:10.1007/978-981-10-3187-8_62
- Sun, Geng, Cui, Tingru, Xu, Dongming, Shen, Jun and Chen, Shiping (2018). A heuristic approach for new-item cold start problem in recommendation of micro open education resources. In: Roger Nkambou, Roger Azevedo and Julita Vassileva, Intelligent Tutoring Systems - 14th International Conference, ITS 2018, Proceedings. 14th International Conference on Intelligent Tutoring Systems, ITS 2018, Montreal, QC, Canada, (212-222). 11-15 June 2018. doi:10.1007/978-3-319-91464-0_21
- Liu, Fang and Xu, Dongming (2017) Social roles and consequences in using social media in disasters: A structurational perspective. Information Systems Frontiers, 20 4: 1-19. doi:10.1007/s10796-017-9787-6
- Sun, Geng, Cui, Tingru, Beydoun, Ghassan, Chen, Shiping, Dong, Fang, Xu, Dongming and Shen, Jun (2017) Towards massive data and sparse data in adaptive micro open educational resource recommendation: a study on semantic knowledge base construction and cold start problem. Sustainability, 9 6: 898. doi:10.3390/su9060898
- Sun, Geng, Cui, Tingru, Beydoun, Ghassan, Chen, Shiping, Xu, Dongming and Shen, Jun (2017). Organizing online computation for adaptive micro open education resource recommendation. In: Advances in Web-Based Learning - ICWL 2017 - 16th International Conference, Proceedings. 16th International Conference on Web-based learning, ICWL 2017, Cape Town, South Africa, (177-182). September 20-22, 2017. doi:10.1007/978-3-319-66733-1_19
- Sun, Geng, Cui, Tingru, Shen, Jun, Xu, Dongming, Beydoun, Ghassan and Chen, Shiping (2017). Ontological learner profile identification for cold start problem in micro learning resources delivery. In: Maiga Chang, Nian-Shing Chen, Ronghuai Huang, Kinshuk, Demetrios G. Sampson and Radu Vasiu, 17th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Learning Technologies (ICALT), Timisoara, Romania, (16-20). 3-7 July 2017. doi:10.1109/ICALT.2017.22
- Sun, Geng, Cui, Tingru, Xu, Dongming, Chen, Huaming, Chen, Shiping and Shen, Jun (2017). Assisting Open Education Resource providers and instructors to deal with cold start problem in adaptive micro learning: a service oriented solution. In: X.Q. Liu and U. Bellur, IEEE International Conference on Services Computing (SCC), Honolulu, HI, United States, (196-203). 25-30 June 2017. doi:10.1109/SCC.2017.32
- Wang, Huaiqing, Chen, Kun and Xu, Dongming (2016) A maturity model for blockchain adoption. Financial Innovation, 2 12: . doi:10.1186/s40854-016-0031-z
- Yue, Wei T. and Xu, Dongming (2016) IT-enabled business process management. Information Systems and E-Business Management, 14 4: 691-692. doi:10.1007/s10257-016-0335-6
- University of Queensland Business School Research Excellent Award, 2005
- Association for Information Systems, 2000 - present
- 2005 Research Excellence Awards, UQ Business School
|Ontology Design for Anti-Money Laundering in a Complex World||UQ Early Career Research Grant, The University of Queensland||2008||$15,000|
|Adding Diagnostic Capability to Business Process Management Systems by Intelligent Agents||Competitive Earmarked Research Grant (CERG) of Hong Kong Research Grant Council (RGC)||2006-2008||Undisclosed|
|Knowledge-based Electronic Money laundering Monitoring by Intelligent Web-service Agents||Strategic Research Grant, The City University of Hong Kong||2005-2007||Undisclosed|
|Integration of Knowledge Management and eLearning||The Start-up Research Grant, The University of Queensland||2005||$12,000|
|Intelligent eLearning System development and Evaluation||Business Faculty Research Grant, The City University of Hong Kong||2001||Undisclosed|