Master of Entrepreneurship and Innovation
At a glance
The Master of Entrepreneurship and Innovation will challenge you to find creative solutions to market, consumer and social problems. It will equip you with the ability to address these problems through innovative thinking within your business, be it a corporation, start-up, research organisation or in the public sector.
As a leading global institution, at UQ Business School we are renowned for our cutting-edge research, close links with industry and quality of our academic staff. The Master of Entrepreneurship and Innovation program uses an interdisciplinary approach that builds on The University of Queensland’s leading position in sciences and its commercialisation, allowing you to learn how to manage new ideas, maximising your growth impact within a specialist field.
Feel supported throughout your degree knowing that UQ Business School is home to some of the most innovative educators in Australia. They are bound to challenge you thinking and ensure you stay ahead of the game. Our courses reflect the current world and address constantly evolving issues in areas such as sustainability, climate, entrepreneurship and new technologies.
Who is this degree for?
The Master of Entrepreneurship and Innovation is designed for a broad range of students, including those from technology, business, or students from a science background who want to improve their understanding of the role of innovation in modern business.
Designed to make you stand out to employers, this program will assist you to create an innovative mindset, develop alternative career options and foster an entrepreneurial environment around project-based learning.
The Master of Entrepreneurship and Innovation will support you to develop skills to encourage original thinking. There are five fields of study that you can choose to specialise in:
- Design and Information Technology
- Food Entrepreneurship
- Social and Community Entrepreneurship
- Sustainable Energy
The unique capstone course in the Master of Entrepreneurship and Innovation program will provide you an opportunity to apply your knowledge and skills on real business cases.
What career outcomes are there?
As a graduate of the Master of Entrepreneurship and Innovation you can expect careers in companies, agencies and organisations across the private and public sectors, both in Australia and abroad in a range of business functions.
Specific roles largely depend on your study fields, but the Master of Entrepreneurship and Innovation provides significant flexibility depending on your career aspirations.
As a UQ student, you have access to a range of services to prepare for a successful career:
- The Student Employability Team (SET) – assists students with accessing career opportunities and managing their careers. SET programs give students an edge by helping build industry experience and develop lifelong employability skills. Contact their team of employability specialists to set and achieve your career goals.
- Networking events – these events help students establish connections with industry professionals.
- Employer presentations on campus – provides opportunities to meet UQ graduates currently employed in industry and understand what the employer is looking for in a new hire.
- UQ Careers Fair - an annual university wide event for students to meet with over 130 potential employers to source information on career opportunities.
- Global Experiences Expo - discover how UQ provides students with opportunities to study overseas, or get support to work, learn or volunteer on a short trip.