- Weber, Ron (2018). Design-science research. In Kirsty Williamson and Graeme Johanson (Ed.), Research methods: information, systems and contexts 2nd ed. (pp. 267-288) Cambridge, MA, United States: Chandos Publishing. doi:10.1016/B978-0-08-102220-7.00011-X
- Burton-Jones, Andrew, Recker, Jan, Indulska, Marta, Green, Peter and Weber, Ron (2017) Assessing representation theory with a framework for pursuing success and failure. MIS Quarterly, 41 4: .
- Wand, Yair and Weber, Ron (2017) Thirty years later: some reflections on ontological analysis in conceptual modeling. Journal of Database Management, 28 1: . doi:10.4018/JDM.2017010101
- Clarke, Roger, Burton-Jones, Andrew and Weber, Ron (2016) On the ontological quality and logical quality of conceptual-modeling grammars: the need for a dual perspective. Information Systems Research, 27 2: 365-382. doi:10.1287/isre.2016.0631
- Weber, Ron (2016) Thirty years of the journal of information systems: reflections of a prodigal son. Journal of Information Systems, 30 1: 137-146. doi:10.2308/isys-51342
- King, J., Whitley, E., Weber, R., Koch, H., Firth, D. and Looney, C. (2014). The king is dead! Long live the king! Homelessness and survival in the IS field. In: 35th International Conference on Information Systems "Building a Better World Through Information Systems", ICIS 2014. International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS 2014): Building a Better World through Information Systems , Auckland, New Zealand, (). 14 - 17 December 2014.
- Burton-Jones, Andrew and Weber, Ron (2014). Building conceptual modeling on the foundation of ontology. In Heikki Topi and Allen Tucker (Ed.), Computing handbook: information systems and information technology 3rd ed. (pp. 15.1-15.24) Boca Raton, FL, United States: CRC Press.
- Clarke, Roger, Burton-Jones, Andrew and Weber, Ron (2013). Improving the semantics of conceptual-modeling grammars: a new perspective on an old problem. In: Proceedings of the Thirty Fourth International Conference on Information Systems: ICIS 2013. ICIS 2013: 34th International Conference on Information Systems, Milan, Italy, (1-17). 15-18 December, 2013.
- Shanks, Graeme and Weber, Ron (2012) The hole in the whole: a response to Allen and March. MIS Quarterly, 36 3: 965-980.
- Clarke, Roger, Burton-Jones, Andrew and Weber, Ron (2012). Optionality in conceptual modeling: A complete approach. In: Proceedings of the Eleventh Annual Symposium on Research in Systems Analysis and Design. AIS Special Interest Group on Systems Analysis and Design Symposium, Vancouver, BC, Canada, (). 1 - 2 June 2012.
- Fellow, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand, 1993
- Fellow, Australian Computer Society, 1984
- Fellow, CPA Australia, 1984
- Associate, Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia, 1984
- Member, Australian Computer Society, 1977
- Senior Associate, Australian Society of Accountants,1973
- Associate, Australian Computer Society, 1970
- Academy of the Social Sciences in Australia (Fellow)
- Association for Information Systems (Fellow)
- Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand (Life Member)
- International Association for Information Systems LEO Award for Exceptional Lifetime Achievement in the Information Systems Discipline, December 2011.
- Doctoral Consortium Faculty Member, Australasian Conference on Information Systems, Brisbane, 28-30 November 2010.
- Doctoral Consortium Faculty Member, Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems, Shanghai, July 2004.
- Doctoral Consortium Faculty Member, International Conference on Information Systems, Seattle, December 2003.
- Elected Fellow, Academy of Social Sciences in Australia, 11 November 2002.
- Elected to Life Membership, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, July 2002.
- Faculty Member, AAANZ Doctoral Colloquium, Perth, July 2002.
- Conference Patron, 2002 Oceania Computer Audit, Control, and Security Conference, Brisbane 2002.
- Elected Fellow of the Association for Information Systems, December 2000.
- Winner of the 2000 ISWorld Award for ISWorld List Digest Web Site (http://www.commerce.uq.edu.au/isworld/)
- Prime Minister’s Award for University Teacher of the Year, December 2000.
- Australian Universities Teaching Committee Award in Business, Economics and Related Studies, December 2000.
- Inaugural Outstanding Educator Award, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, July 2000.
- Notable Contributions to the Accounting Literature Award, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, July 2000.
- University of Queensland Teaching Award, 1999.
- Price Waterhouse Summer Doctoral Workshop Visiting Distinguished Scholar, Michigan State University, July 1998.
- Faculty Member, AAANZ Doctoral Colloquium, Hobart, 1997.
- Doctoral Consortium Co-Chair, International Conference on Information Systems, Cleveland, 1996.
- Coopers & Lybrand Visiting Research Professor, Australia and New Zealand, 1994-1995.
- The University of Queensland MBA Students' Association Inaugural Elephant Stamp Award for Excellence in Teaching, 1994.
- International Information Systems Audit and Control Association's Silver Jubilee Award for contributions to the profession and the discipline, 1994.
- Doctoral Consortium Faculty Member, International Conference on Information Systems, Vancouver, 1994.
- Doctoral Consortium, Co-Chair, International Federation of Information Processing Societies, AUS-TC8, Conference, Gold Coast, May 1994.
- Doctoral Consortium Faculty Member, International Conference on Information Systems, Dallas, Texas, 1992.
- Doctoral Consortium Faculty Member, International Conference on Information Systems, Pittsburg, Pennsylvania, 1987.
- Doctoral Consortium Faculty Member, International Conference on Information Systems, Houston, Texas, 1983.
- Australian Computer Industry's "Chips" Award - Best Computer Article of the Year, 1982.
- Beta Gamma Sigma 1977.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants Doctoral Dissertation Grant 1976.
- University of Minnesota Corporate Fellowship 1974-1976.
- Alpha Iota Delta 1975.
- Who's Who Amongst Students in American Universities and Colleges 1974-1976.
- Walter E. Heller Fellowship 1974-75.
- Australian-American Educational Foundation Travel Grant (Fulbright) 1973.
- Queensland State Government Scholarship 1967-1969.
|ARC Discovery Project Award, with Andrew Burton-Jones||Australian Research Council||2011-2013||$165,000|
|ARC Discovery Project Award, with Simon Milton||Australian Research Council||2007-2009||$162,000|
|ARC Linkage Project Award, with Michael Rosemann and Iris Vessey.||Australian Research Council||2004-2006||$188,399|
|ARC Discovery Project Award ,with Graeme Shanks||Australian Research Council||2001-2003||$184,000|
|ARC Award||Australian Research Council||1999||$12,533|
|ARC Award||Australian Research Council||1995-1997||$105,000|
|ARC Award||Australian Research Council||1993||$9,000|
|UQ Special Project Grant with Jim Hann||University of Queensland||1992||$10,977|
|ARC Award||Australian Research Council||1992||$8,000|
|ARC Award||Australian Research Council||1991||$7,000|
|ARC Award, with Paul Bailes and Andrew Lister||Australian Research Council||1989||$16,544|
|Australian Research Grants Scheme Award, with Iris Vessey||Australian Research Council||1984||$10,000|
|Dutch Limperg Research Institute Contract, with Gordon B. Davis||Dutch Limperg Research Institute||1980||$30,000|