Life beyond study.
Studying at The University of Queensland is more than just classes and assignments, it's a lifestyle. The St Lucia campus is located less than 15 minutes from the city, and there's a range of facilities available on-campus, so you can make the most of your time and enjoy the #UQLife.
UQ offers a range of experiences for students to make the most of their time at university. You can study overseas for up to a year through UQ's Study Abroad program while still gaining credit towards your UQ degree. Some programs also include overseas placements or field trips as a core study component, enabling you to discover new cultures in a short space of time.
A life beyond the classroom is a big part of university, and UQ is a great place to meet new people and access a wide range of sporting and cultural activities.
We also offer world-class sporting facilities, more than 200 social, sports, and academic clubs and societies, and many cultural activities such as theatre, dances, concerts, movies, debates, barbecues, markets and art exhibitions.
- Meet up for lunch with friends or grab a quick snack between classes at one of the many food and drink options on campus, including Guzman y Gomez, Boost Juice, Darwins, Red Room, and Beltop Cafe for the best coffee on campus.
- Improve your health and fitness with our many fitness facilities available to you through UQ Sport. Play tennis, do laps in the Aquatics Centre, or even participate in group fitness classes.
- Come down every Wednesday for Market Day where local retailers showcase their products available for you to enjoy
- Enjoy a student production or catch a film screening at the Schonell Theatre, where you will find something to fill all your entertainment needs.
- Check out the UQ Union to find out about all the upcoming student events.
Student associations and committees
With over 200 clubs, societies and associations, you are sure to find something you’re passionate about. Clubs are a great way to get out there and make friends while doing something you love. Join a business association or one of our UQ Business School's Student Program Committees to make the most of your degree.
Sport and Fitness
Keep more than just your mind active at UQ. From taking part in Australian classic sports like rugby, cricket and AFL to balancing your studies with yoga, pilates or a relaxing swim, or even seeking out a social game of dodgeball, you will have plenty of ways to keep fit, healthy and happy while you're studying with us. UQ Sport offers hundreds of sports and activities to help keep you active.
Brisbane and Surrounds
Home to 2.3 million people, Brisbane is Australia’s third largest city and is a hub for all things sand, sun and fun:
- If you’re wanting to try some delicious flavours from around the world, head down to Eat Street Northshore and choose from and indulge with 180 food truck experiences.
- Cuddle a koala and feed kangaroo’s at the world’s first koala sanctuary, Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary.
- Take in the spectacular views of Brisbane at the Mt Coot-tha Lookout.
- Explore outside of Brisbane and absorb the famous Queensland sunshine at our many beaches at the Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast.
- Visit Nemo and Dory and discover the wonders of the Great Barrier Reef in Northern Queensland and the Whitsunday Islands.
Feel safe on campus knowing 24-hour security is available at all our campuses. Through UQ's UniSafe program, students are provided with services such as safety buses and the UniSafe Escort service.
If you are in need of security call: 07 3365 1234
Or in an emergency situation on campus call: 07 3365 3333