- International Business
- My research focuses on key themes in international business. Firstly, I critically examine the current theory, measurement and application of national culture dimensions in international business research, teaching and practice and how to refine it to better reflect the reality of people's beliefs and behaviours across countries. Second, I study the strategy, structure and performance of MNC subsidiaries and, in particular, the heterogeneity in MNC subsidiary organizational behaviour and configuration to fit the changing consumer needs, competitive pressures and institutional systems across countries. I also focus on the issues of measurement for valid theory development and testing.
- Banerjee, Shantanu, Venaik, Sunil and Brewer, Paul (2018) Analysing corporate political activity in MNC subsidiaries through the integration-responsiveness framework. International Business Review, . doi:10.1016/j.ibusrev.2018.04.001
- Banerjee, Shantanu and Venaik, Sunil (2017) The effect of corporate political activity on MNC subsidiary legitimacy: an institutional perspective. Management International Review, 1-32. doi:10.1007/s11575-017-0324-0
- Datla, Vani Vishwanadh Varma, Iyer, Adith, Deshpande, Akshay and Venaik, Sunil (2017). Flipkart. In Chung K. Kim, Myung-Soo Lee and Mina Jun (Ed.), How Asian brands soar II: lessons from world's top 10 Asian cases (pp. 49-84) Seoul, Republic of Korea: Academy of Asian Business (AAB).
- Venaik, Sunil and Brewer, Paul (2016) National culture dimensions: the perpetuation of cultural ignorance. Management Learning, 47 5: 563-589. doi:10.1177/1350507616629356
- Venaik, Sunil, Nason, Emily M., Wang, Joyce Linghua, Leelapanyalert, Kannika and Hong, Bryan (2016) How to write a powerful case study?: Emerging issues for a case study and writing in Asia. Academy of Asian Business Review, 2 2: 13-30.
- Venaik, Sunil and Midgley, David F. (2015) Mindscapes across landscapes: Archetypes of transnational and subnational culture. Journal of International Business Studies, 46 9: 1051-1079. doi:10.1057/jibs.2015.11
- Venaik, Sunil and Brewer, Paul (2015) The common threads of national cultures. Australasian Marketing Journal, 23 1: 75-85. doi:10.1016/j.ausmj.2014.12.001
- Mukhopadhaya, Pundarik and Venaik, Sunil (2014) Old-age income insecurity in Singapore: a problem of non-inclusive development. Australian Economic Papers, 53 3: 184-206. doi:10.1111/1467-8454.12035
- Brewer, Paul and Venaik, Sunil (2014) The ecological fallacy in national culture research. Organization Studies, 35 7: 1063-1086. doi:10.1177/0170840613517602
- Brewer, Paul and Venaik, Sunil (2013). National culture dimensions are national, not individual. In: AIBSEAR 2013: Academy of International Business Southeast Asia Regional Conference, Bali, Indonesia, (). 5-7 December, 2013.
- Academy of International Business (AIB)
- European International Business Academy (EIBA)
- Australia New Zealand International Business Academy (ANZIBA)
- Best Paper award, 2011 ANZIBA conference.
- Highly Commended Paper award, 2010 ANZIBA conference.
- Visiting Fellow - INSEAD, IIMA, NUS, ANU
- Recognised as a High Achiever by the Vice-Chancellor, University of New South Wales.
- Fellow at the Academy of International Business Doctoral Consortium.
- Australian Post Graduate Research Award.
- Sasakawa Young Leaders Fellowship Award.
- The Nestle Australia Prize for best performance in an essay on sales forecasting.
- Second rank with First Class Honours Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Merit Scholarship at the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur.
|UQ Early Career Research Grant1||UQ||2005||$11,610|
|UQ New Staff Research Start-Up Grant2||UQ||2004||$12,045|
|Case study on “Edible Oil Marketing”, Adani Wilmar Ltd.||IIMA||2002||$1,000|
|“Market Strategy of MNCs in India”||IIMA||2001||$1,000|
|“Business Strategy of MNCs in Australia”||UNSW SRG||2000||$3,000|
|Test and Refine a Model of “Global Marketing in MNCs”||AGSM ARC||1999||$13,000|
|Develop a Model of Global Strategy in MNCs.||AGSM ARC||1997||$13,000|