- Applied Econometrics
- Efficiency and Productivity Analysis
- Environment and Sustainability
- Islamic Finance and Financial Sector Performance
- Regulation and Governance
- Resource Economics
- Ahmad, Shabbir (2017). Estimating input-mix efficiency in a parametric framework: application to state-level agricultural data for the United States. Economic Theory, Applications and Issues Working Paper Series 78, School of Economics, The University of Queensland.
- Tisdell, Clem , Ahmad, Shabbir , Nadia, Agha , Steen, John and Verreynne, Martie-Louise (2017). Loans, Wealth Creation and the Socioeconomic Situation of Women in the Taluka Area of the Khairpur District, Sindh, Pakistan: A Study Based on Interviews with Female Focal Groups. Social Economics, Policy and Development 62, School of Economics, University of Queensland.
- Ahmad, Shabbir, Ali, Saleem H., Mirza, M. Usman and Lotia, Hina (2017) The limits of water pricing in a developing country metropolis: empirical lessons from an industrial city of Pakistan. Water, 9 7: . doi:10.3390/w9070533
- Ahmad, Shabbir (2016) Is coal the only way to deal with energy poverty in developing economies?. The Conversation, .
- Noreen, Uzma and Ahmad, Shabbir (2016) Cost efficiency and total factor productivity: an empirical analysis of Pakistan's insurance sector. Lahore Journal of Economics, 21 1: 123-150.
- Steen, John T., Ahmad, Shabbir, Verreynne, Martie-Louise, Battese, George and Burki, Abid Final Report: Farmers' capabilities, productivity and profitability: a case study of small holders in selected agro zones in Pakistan. Canberra, ACT, Australia: ACIAR, 2016.
- Ahmad, Shabbir and Burki, Abid A. (2015) Banking deregulation and allocative efficiency in Pakistan. Applied Economics, 48 13: 1182-1196. doi:10.1080/00036846.2015.1096001
- Ahmad, Shabbir and Burki, Abid A. (2014). Banking Deregulation and Allocative Efficiency in Pakistan. LUMS Working Paper Series 14-11, School of Economics, LAhore University of Management Sciences.
- Ahmad, Shabbir (2014, September 24). China's war on pollution could leave Aussie coal out in the cold.. The Conversation, .
- Ahmad, Shabbir (2013). Econometric estimation of the components of total factor productivity change PhD Thesis, School of Economics, The University of Queensland.
- American Economic Association
- Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society
- UQ 2014 Dean’s Award for Outstanding Research Higher Degree Theses
- School of Economics Distinguish Teaching Award
|Analyzing mining revenue streams and the implementation of due diligence in Rwanda||Bundesanstalt für Geowissenschaften und Rohstoffe (BGR) in Hannover [Federal Institute for Geoscienc||October 2013 - August 2014||$105,250|
|Natural Resource Charter Benchmarking Exercise – Myanmar||Natural Resource Governance Institute (NRGI).||March-August 2015||$54,249|
|Policy and Institutional Reforms to Improve Horticultural Markets in Pakistan||Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research||2016-2019||$1,530,000|
|Creating Wealth in Smallholders Farms through Efficient Credit Systems in Pakistan||Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research||2016-2017||$200,000|
|Competitiveness of Cambodian Farming Systems in emerging trade regimes: characterization of farming systems to inform agricultural research, trade strategies and development policies||Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research||2016-2017||$150,000|
|Farmer’s capabilities, productivity, and profitability: A case study of smallholders in selected agro zones in Pakistan||Australian Centre for International Research in Agriculture (ACIAR)||2015-2016||$150,000|
|Rapid Assessment Frameworks for Mining and Regional Development||International Mining for Development Countries, Australia||2014-2015||$250,000|
|Water Pricing to Promote Equity, Efficiency and Sustainability in the Growing City of Faisalabad||International Growth Centre (IGC)||2014-2015||$75,000|