- Apps for research outputs & outcomes
- Use of Bayesian techniques (BNs, Bayesian inference); expert elicitation; machine learning
- Climate change research
- Climate change impact assessment, resilience, vulnerability, adaptation and adaptive capacity – coastal areas
- Environmental sustainability
- Applying statistical, process-based and equilibrium models to environmental systems.
- Fisheries management
- Systems-based assessments of risk and management for commercial wild fisheries and aquaculture
- Systems theory and
- Developing and applying systems thinking and system dynamic models to socio-ecological systems.
- Hall, Nina Lansbury, Ross, Helen, Richards, Russell, Barrington, Dani Jennifer, Dean, Angela J., Head, Brian W., Jagals, Paul, Reid, Simon and Hill, Peter S. (2018) Implementing the United Nations’ sustainable development goals for water and beyond in Australia: a proposed systems approach. Australasian Journal of Water Resources, 1-10. doi:10.1080/13241583.2018.1481563
- Tiller, Rachel and Richards, Russell (2018) Ocean futures: Exploring stakeholders' perceptions of adaptive capacity to changing marine environments in Northern Norway. Marine Policy, . doi:10.1016/j.marpol.2018.04.001
- Sahin, Oz, Siems, Raymond, Richards, Russell G., Helfer, Fernanda and Stewart, Rodney A. (2017) Examining the potential for energy-positive bulk-water infrastructure to provide long-term urban water security: a systems approach. Journal of Cleaner Production, 143 557-566. doi:10.1016/j.jclepro.2016.12.074
- Bertone, Edoardo, Sahin, Oz, Richards, Russell and Roiko, Anne (2017). Quantifying the impacts of extreme events on potable water quality: a participatory systems modelling approach. In: 12th Conference on Sustainable Development of Energy, Water and Environment Systems, Dubrovnik, Croatia, (). 4-8 October 2017.
- Tiller, Rachel, Bailey, Jennifer and Richards, Russell (2017). Ocean futures: exploring stakeholders' perceptions of adaptive capacity to changing marine environments in Northern Norway. In: 58th Annual Convention of the International Studies Association, Baltimore Maryland, USA, (). 22-25 February 2017.
- Tiller, Rachel, De Kok, Jean-Luc, Vermeiren, Karolien, Richards, Russell, Van Ardelan, Murat and Bailey, Jennifer (2016) Stakeholder perceptions of links between environmental changes to their socio-ecological system and their adaptive capacity in the region of Troms, Norway. Frontiers in Marine Science, 3 DEC: 1-16. doi:10.3389/fmars.2016.00267
- Hall, N., Acosta Jaramillo, C. M., Jagals, P., Currie, D., Ossa-Moreno, J., Dean, A., Ross, H., Bowling, T., Hill, P., Head, B., Richards, R., Willis, J., Abal, E. and Cruz Lopez, D. (2016). Strengthening community participation in meeting UN Sustainable Development Goal 6 for water, sanitation and hygiene. Global Change Institute Discussion Paper: Water for Equity and Wellbeing Series 2207-9602, Global Change Institute, The University of Queensland, Brisbane.
- Bertone, Edoardo, Sahin, Oz, Richards, Russell and Roiko, Anne (2016) Extreme events, water quality and health: a participatory Bayesian risk assessment tool for managers of reservoirs. Journal of Cleaner Production, 135 657-667. doi:10.1016/j.jclepro.2016.06.158
- Hall, Nina , Abal, Eva, Albert, Simon , Ali, Saleem , Barrington, Dani , Dean, Angela , Head, Brian, Hill, Peter, Hussey, Karen , Jagals, Paul , Muriuki, Grace , Pascoe, Mark , Reid, Simon , Richards, Russell, Robinson, Jacqueline, Ross, Helen , Shannon, Cindy , Torero Cullen, Jose and Willis, Jon (2016). The UN Sustainable Development Goals for water and sanitation: how should Australia respond within and beyond its borders?. Global Change Institute discussion paper: water for equity and wellbeing series 2207-9602, Global Change Institute, The University of Queensland, Brisbane.
- Meynecke, Jan-Olaf, Richards, Russell and Sahin, Oz (2016) Whale watch or no watch: the Australian whale watching tourism industry and climate change. Regional Environmental Change, 1-12. doi:10.1007/s10113-016-1034-z
- Modelling and Simulation Society of Australia and New Zealand Inc (MSSANZ)
- System Dynamics Society
- Coastal Education & Research Foundation (CERF)
- Mar-99 - Bachelor Medal (Environmental Engineering)
- Nov-98 - Michael Woodhouse Memorial Student Prize, Qld water panel award for best undergraduate thesis.
|Systems Dynamics Immersion Lab||The University of Queensland Business School Innovation Fund.||2017 - 2018||$50,000|
|Integrated Coastal Management Short Term Awards||Australia Awards, Indonesia||2016 - 2017||$32,000|
|OCEAN-CERTAIN||European Union FP7 (ENV-2013-6.1-1; no: 603773)||2013 - 2017||$11,000,000|