Ravi Pappu is an Associate Professor of Marketing in the University of Queensland Business School.
Further information about Ravi is available at the following web pages.
|Facebook | LinkedIn | ResearchGate | Google Scholar | UQ Researchers | Publons |
Ravi's current research focuses on modelling consumer decision making in relation to different types of brands (e.g. manufacturers, retailers, nonprofits and countries). He is also interested in understanding how marketing communications (e.g. advertising, celebrity endorsement, sponsorship) can shape consumer attitudes and brand perceptions.
Since 2006, Ravi's research papers have been read or their full-text downloaded more than 111, 000 times (As of 1 May 2016). His research on sponsorship, brand equity, brand innovativeness, country-of-origin effects, celebrity endorsement, country equity and retailer equity has been published in various scholarly international marketing journals including the following.
| Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science | Journal of Business Research | International Business Review | Journal of International Business Studies | European Journal of Marketing | Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services | Journal of Marketing Education |
Ravi was the lead Chief Investigator of an Australian Research Council Linkage project (2009 - 2012) (with Professor Bettina Cornwell), supported by the Australian Red Cross Blood Service. Major outcomes of this research so far include the following.
- A new method for mapping consumer brand association networks
- A model for explaining communication portfolios effects on the image and equity of non-profit brands
- A publication in the Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science
Ravi's research has also attracted several internal competitive grants from the University of New England and University of Queensland.
Awards & Distinctions
As of 2016, Ravi teaches courses in quantitative research methods and applied statistics for honours and PhD students, and market research for postgraduate students.
- 2015 - UQ Business School Teaching Excellence Award
- 2015 - Finalist - University of Queensland Teaching Excellence Award
- 2014 - Finalist - University of Queensland Teaching Excellence Award
- 2014 - Nominee - UQ Business School Teaching Excellence Award
- 2013 - Nominee - UQ Business School Teaching Excellence Award
Teaching Evaluations (Click on the following links to view student evaluations in pdf)
- RBUS6903 Quantitative Business Research Methods II (Structural Equation Modelling) | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 |
- RBUS6931 Scientific Method in Management |2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 |
- RBUS2900 Business Research Methods | 2012 | 2010 | 2008 |
MKTG2504 International Marketing (2007 - 2008)
MKTG2505 Retail Management (2008 - 2009)
0346352 Marketing Research (1999) (University of Waikato)
MKTG7040 Marketing Management (2006 - 2007)
MKTG7501 Introduction to Marketing (2006 - 2007)
MBA731 Marketing Management | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | (University of New England)
- MBA736 International Marketing | 2005 | 2004 | (University of New England)
Research Higher Degree Supervision
Ravi's students have achieved publications in internationally recognised journals (e.g., European Journal of Marketing & Journal of Business Research) and presented their work at prestegious international conferences.(e.g. ANZMAC, AMA, AMS, WMC). He offers research supervision in marketing including on the following topics.
| Brand equity | Brand innovativeness | Celebrity endorsement | Consumer innovativeness | Corporate sponsorship | Retail brand extensions | Country-of-origin effects |
- âS. Prugsamatz (2010) - International Students' Higher Education Choice (employed at Norwegian University of Science and Technology)
- M. Chien (2009) - Corporate sponsorship (employed at the UQ Business School)
- S.C. Yu (2013) - Celebrity portfolios (PhD at the University of Sydney Business School)
- A. Spry (2007) - Celebrity endorsement (Colmar Brunton and University of Melbourne)
- M. Chong (2006) - Consumer innovatioveness (Swissotel)
- P. Stower (2006) - Multiple celebrity endorsement (British American Tobacco)
Editorial Board Membership
Ad hoc Reviewer
| Australasian Marketing Journal | European Journal of Marketing | Industrial Marketing Management | International Marketing Review | Journal of Sport Management | Journal of Advertising | Journal of Brand Management | Journal of Business Research | Journal of International Marketing | Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services |
| Academy of Marketing | Academy of the Marketing Science | Advertising and Consumer Psychology | American Marketing Association | Australian and New Zealand Marketing Academy | Marketing Science | World Marketing Congress |
| University of Melbourne (2015) | University of New South Wales (2012) | University of Adelaide (2009) | University of New England (2009) |
| University of Oregon (2013) | University of Adelaide (2009) | University of Michigan (2009) | Indian School of Business (2003) |