- Alvesson, Mats (2018) Grandiosity, and functional stupidity. Psychologist, 31 50-53.
- Alvesson, Mats and Spicer, André (2018) Neo-institutional theory and Organization Studies: a Mid-Life Crisis?. Organization Studies, . doi:10.1177/0170840618772610
- Alvesson, Mats and Blom, Martin (2018) Beyond leadership and followership. Working with a variety of modes of organizing. Organizational Dynamics, . doi:10.1016/j.orgdyn.2017.12.001
- Alvesson, Mats and Kärreman, Dan (2017). Uncreative destruction: Competition and positional games in higher education. In The Corporatization of the Business School: Minerva Meets the Market (pp. 111-127) London, United Kingdom: Routledge. doi:10.4324/9781315640594
- Alvesson, Mats and Spicer, Andre (2017). (Un)conditional surrender?: why do professionals willingly comply with managerialism?. In Mats Benner, Tony Huzzard and Dan Kärreman (Ed.), The corporatization of business education: Minerva meets the market (pp. 92-110) Abingdon, VA, United States: Routledge. doi:10.4324/9781315640594
- Alvesson, Mats and Gabriel, Yiannis (2016) Grandiosity in contemporary management and education. Management Learning, 47 4: 464-473. doi:10.1177/1350507615618321
- Alvesson, Mats and Karreman, Dan (2016) Intellectual failure and ideological success in organization studies: the case of transformational leadership. Journal of Management Inquiry, 25 2: 139-152. doi:10.1177/1056492615589974
- Hartmann, Rasmus Koss, Karreman, Dan and Alvesson, Mats (2016). CMS in Scandinavia: a hitchhiker's guide to the realm of the Scandocrits. In Christopher Grey, Isabelle Huault, Véronique Perret and Laurent Taskin (Ed.), Critical management studies: global voices, local accents (pp. 144-158) London, United Kingdom: Routledge.
- Sveningsson, Stefan and Alvesson, Mats Managerial lives: leadership and identity in an imperfect world. Cambridge, United Kingdom: Cambridge University Press, 2016. doi:10.1017/CBO9781316399026
- Alvesson, Mats and Robertson, Maxine (2016) Money matters: teflonic identity manoeuvring in the investment banking sector. Organization Studies, 37 1: 7-34. doi:10.1177/0170840615593591
|'Knowing in professional practice: Enhancing the relationship between professional education and practice' (with Associate Professor Jorgen Sandberg, Dr Gloria A. Dall'Alba and Professor Silvia Gherardi).||ARC Discovery Grant||2011-2013||$309,000|