- Corporate Finance
- R&D, innovation, dividend policy, capital structure, mergers and acquisitions.
- Financial institutions
- Bank regulation: capital regulation and market discipline; design and implementation of deposit insurance; bank M&A; cross-country linkages; banking crises and risks; competition; efficiency and profitability of non-conventional banks and informal institutions including microfinance institutions.
- Haq, Mamiza, Avkiran, Necmi and Tarazi, Amine (2016) Does market discipline impact bank charter value? The case for Australia and Canada. Accounting and Finance, . doi:10.1111/acfi.12244
- Haq, Mamiza and Avkiran, Necmi K. (2016) Company results wrap: weighing up the risks behind the profits of Australia’s big four banks. The Conversation, .
- Haq, Mamiza (2016) Is Islamic banking more risky compared to conventional banking?. The Conversation, .
- Haq, Mamiza (2015) The problems with relying on the bank of mum and dad. The Conversation, .
- Pathan, Shams, Haq, Mamiza and Williams, Barry (2015) Does skin in the game help? Bank franchise value, managerial incentives and ‘going for broke'. Australian Journal of Management, 41 2: 271-298. doi:10.1177/0312896214539818
- Haq, Mamiza, Pathan, Shams and Hoque, Mohammad (2014) The risk implication of Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002: an empirical examination of the US financial services industry. Applied Financial Economics, 24 15: 1005-1015. doi:10.1080/09603107.2014.920477
- Haq, Mamiza, Faff, Robert, Seth, Rama and Mohanty, Sunil (2014) Disciplinary tools and bank risk exposure. Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, 26 37-64. doi:10.1016/j.pacfin.2013.10.005
- Hoang, Khoa, Faff, Robert and Haq, Mamiza (2013) Market discipline and bank risk taking. Australian Journal of Management, 39 3: 327-350. doi:10.1177/0312896213496800
- Haq, Mamiza and Heaney, Richard (2012) Factors determining European bank risk. Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, 22 4: 696-718. doi:10.1016/j.intfin.2012.04.003
- Haq, Mamiza, Skully, Michael and Pathan, Shams (2010) Efficiency of microfinance institutions: A data envelopment analysis. Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, 17 1: 63-97. doi:10.1007/s10690-009-9103-7
- Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand (AFAANZ)
- Financial Management Association (FMA)
- 2008-2010 RMIT Business Portfolio Scholarship
- 2006-2007 Endeavour International Post-Graduate Research Scholarship
|Deposit insurance, market discipline and the relevance to bank systematic risk||UQ Early Career Research Grant||2012||$14,137|
|New evidence on bank regulation, charter value, off-balance sheet activities, market discipline and bank risk: a cross country analysis||AFAANZ Research Grant||2011||$5,203|
|Towards a better understanding of bank regulation, off-balance sheet activities, market discipline and bank risk exposure||UQ New Staff Research Startup Fund||2010||$1,955|
|Managerial incentives, market power and bank risk: evidence from the US bank holding companies||AFAANZ Research Grant||2009||$7,871|