- Accounting for biological assets
- Investigation of the impacts of accounting regulations on reporting entities with material holdings of biological assets on the domestic and international scene.
- Accounting for income tax
- Investigation of insights provided into earnings management via book to tax differences and the value relevance of reported tax assets and tax liabilities.
- Auditor reporting
- Investigation of the information content of audit reports, and earnings management surrounding the release of modified audit reports.
- Full cost environmental accounting
- Investigation of the feasibility of accounting and reporting systems that incorporate financial and non-financial data.
- TBL/sustainability reporting
- Investigation of the feasibility and outcomes from attempts to implement TBL or sustainability reporting.
- Herbohn, Kathleen, Gao, Ru and Clarkson, Peter (2017) Evidence on whether banks consider carbon risk in their lending decisions. Journal of Business Ethics, 1-21. doi:10.1007/s10551-017-3711-3
- Henderson, Scott, Peirson, Graham, Herbohn, Kathy, Artiach, Tracy and Howieson, Bryan Issues in financial accounting 16th ed. Frenchs Forest, NSW, Australia: Pearson Australia, 2017.
- Jung, Juhyun, Herbohn, Kathleen and Clarkson, Peter (2016) Carbon risk, carbon risk awareness and the cost of debt financing. Journal of Business Ethics, 150 4: 1151-1171. doi:10.1007/s10551-016-3207-6
- Kathleen Herbohn, Irene Tutticci and Tan, Zhi (2016) The market response to beating after-tax earnings targets revisited using analysts' pre-tax earnings forecasts and concurrent tax note disclosures. Journal of Business Finance and Accounting, 43 1-2: 31-65. doi:10.1111/jbfa.12181
- Herbohn, Kathleen, Walker, Julie and Loo, Huay Yien Monica (2014) Corporate social responsibility: the link between sustainability disclosure and sustainability performance. Abacus, 50 4: 422-459. doi:10.1111/abac.12036
- Whiting, Rosalind H., Gammie, Elizabeth and Herbohn, Kathleen (2014) Women and the prospects for partnership in professional accountancy firms. Accounting and Finance, 55 2: 575-605. doi:10.1111/acfi.12066
- Henderson, Scott, Peirson, Graham, Herbohn, Kathy, Artiach, Tracy and Howieson, Bryan Issues in financial accounting 15th ed. Frenchs Forest, Australia: Pearson Australia, 2014.
- Herbohn, Kathleen, Herbohn, John, Hartebrodt, Cristoph and Smith, Carl (2013) Using a balanced scorecard to improve the management of natural resources: experiences from Baden-Wuerttemberg. Society and Natural Resources, 26 8: 865-882. doi:10.1080/08941920.2012.719999
- Herbohn, Kathleen, Dargusch, Paul and Herbohn, John (2012) Climate change policy in Australia: Organisational responses and influences. Australian Accounting Review, 22 2: 208-222. doi:10.1111/j.1835-2561.2012.00171.x
- Gammie, Elizabeth, Herbohn, Kathleen and Whiting, Rosalind (2010) Women in accountancy: prospects for partnership. CA Magazine, 114 1253: 79-81.
- 1990 – present Associate of CPA Australia
- 1995 – present Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand (AFAANZ)
- 1996 – present American Accounting Association (AAA)
|Carbon risk: A contemporary business challenge and the role of bank monitoring.||CPA Australia||2016-2017||$13,358|
|The Career Advancement of Senior Professional Accountant||Institute of Chartered Accountants in Scotland (ICAS)||2011-2012||$3,000|
|Joint investigator, The effects of gender and family structures on partnership prospects in accountancy public practice||Institute of Chartered Accountants in Scotland||2009||Undisclosed|
|‘Accounting and Reporting for Carbon: Opportunities Lost or a Brave New Future for Accountants?’||National Institute of Accountants (NIA)||2009||$8,000|
|Joint investigator, Implementing fair value accounting in the agricultural sector: IAS 41 and the harmonisation of farm accounting practices in the UK, Frances and Australia||2006 Institute of Chartered Accountants in Scotland.||2006||$12,600|
|Joint investigator, Dissemination of TBL reporting in the Queensland State Government: Systemic change or greenwash?||CPA Australia – 2005 Public Sector Research Grant||2005||$9,008|
|Joint investigator, Additional Evidence on the Association Between Discretionary Accruals and Auditor Reporting||AFAANZ Research Fund||2004||$5,750|
|Sole investigator, Financial and non-financial environmental performance reporting||UQ New Staff Research Grant||2001||$9,972|
|Joint investigator Promotion of small-scale forestry||Rural Industries Research and Development Corporation, Land and Water Resources Research and Develop||1999||$15,084|
|Joint investigator, Completion of book ‘Sustainable small-scale forestry’ (Edward Elgar)||Co-operative Research Centre – Rainforest and Tropical Ecology Management||1998||$30,000|
|Joint Investigator, Staff turnover in Queensland public accounting firms||Merit Research Grant||1995||$2,900|
|Sole Investigator, Accounting for forestry investments||Merit Research Grant||1994||$2,500|
|Joint Investigator, The impact of AAS 25 on superannuation plans and their members||Australian Association of Superannuation Funds||1992||$7,500|