- Corporate Buybacks
- Looks at the motivations for share buybacks as a capital management strategy, with emphasis on the tax consequences to shareholders.
- Option demand
- Modelling to explain the level of demand for equity and index options.
- Superannuation / Disclosure
- Looks at the adequacy and effectiveness of consumer disclosures in the superannuation and managed fund industry.
- The effect of taxation on derivatives
- Looks at the effect of differential tax rates on option pricing and early exercise behaviour.
- Avkiran, Necmi Kemal and Alpert, Karen (2015) The influence of co-authorship on article impact in OR/MS/OM and the exchange of knowledge with Finance in the twenty-first century. Annals of Operations Research, 235 1: 51-73. doi:10.1007/s10479-015-1880-y
- Zhou, Qing, Faff, Robert and Alpert, Karen (2014) Bias correction in the estimation of dynamic panel models in corporate finance. Journal of Corporate Finance, 25 494-513. doi:10.1016/j.jcorpfin.2014.01.009
- Alpert, Karen (2010) Taxation and the early exercise of call options. Journal of Business Finance and Accounting, 37 5-6: 715-736. doi:10.1111/j.1468-5957.2010.02183.x
- Alpert, Karen (2009) The effects of taxation on put-call parity. Accounting & Finance, 49 3: 445-464. doi:10.1111/j.1467-629X.2008.00291.x
- Alpert, K. and Knight, W. (2007) Effects of taxation for option writers: An Australian perspective. Accounting and Finance, 47 1: 23-45. doi:10.1111/j.1467-629x.2007.00210.x
- Alpert, Karen. (2004). The effects of taxation on put-call parity and option exercise behavior PhD Thesis, School of Business, The University of Queensland.
- Alpert, K. (2002). Taxation and the early exercise of call options. In: A. Pinnington, 4th Annual RHD Student Colloquium - Abstracts. 2002 Research Student Colloquium, Riverglenn Conference Centre, Indooroopilly, (3-3). 1 June, 2002.
- Alpert, K. and Knight, W.J. (2002). Effects of taxation for option writers. In: Accounting Association of Australia and New Zealand (AAANZ) 2002 Annual Conference: Program and Abstracts. AAANZ 2002 Annual Conference, Perth, Western Australia, (24-24). 7-9 July, 2002.
- Alpert, K. (2001). Taxation and the early exercise of call options. In: Proceedings of the 14th Australasian Finance and Banking Conference. 14th Australasian Finance and Banking Conference, The ANA Hotel, Sydney, (). 17-19 December, 2001.
- Member, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia / New Zealand (AFAANZ)
- Member, FINSIA
- Phi Beta Kappa (UC Berkeley 1979)
|‘Superannuation funds: Ensuring the financial health of Australians in retirement’ Gray, P., Benson, K., Oliver, B., Hutchinson, M., and K. Alpert.||ARC Discovery||2007-2009||$349,000|
|University of Queensland New Staff Start-up Fund||The University of Queensland||2001||$10,000|