- Improvement of supply chain performance via effective coordination
- The research extends my work on enhancing supply chain agility through effective manufacturing coordination across the supply chain. The research framework and business processes for supply chain integration and coordination were originally developed in a manufacturing context, but can be adapted to service process management. The current research develops an understanding of how collaborative operational planning impacts the supply chain, especially the SMEs.
- Lean practices for a global supply chain
- The research is in line with a PhD research project, which examines the current practices in global supply chain management. Drawing from relevant literature review and investigation of appropriate companies, the research aims to provide a roadmap for achieving a lean global supply chain.
- The impact of mass customisation on complex supply networks
- Mass customisation presents a paradox as well as a challenge to traditional customised or mass-production practices. This challenge is even greater for complex supply networks such as the automotive supply network. The research examines the impact of mass customisation on the operational performance of the supply network, specifically, how the supply network producing highly customised products delivers the right product on time as promised to the customer.
- Ma, Peng, Zhang, Chen, Hong, Xianpei and Xu, Henry (2018) Pricing decisions for substitutable products with green manufacturing in a competitive supply chain. Journal of Cleaner Production, 183 618-640. doi:10.1016/j.jclepro.2018.02.152
- Xu, Henry and Agrey, Renae (2018). Major techniques and current developments of supply chain process modelling. In Mehdi Khosrow-Pour (Ed.), Encyclopedia of information science and technology 4 ed. (pp. 5433-5445) Hersey, PA, United States: IGI Global. doi:10.4018/978-1-5225-2255-3.ch472
- Agrey, Renae and Xu, Henry (2018). The challenges and opportunities of stylized facts for management consulting modeling and theory development. In Graham Manville, Olga Matthias and Julian Campbell (Ed.), Management consultancy insights and real consultancy projects (pp. 19-39) Abingdon, Oxon, United Kingdom: Routledge.
- Wu, Junjian, Wang, Haiyan and Xu, Henry (2017) Vertical Cost-Information Sharing in a Food Supply Chain with Multiple Unreliable Suppliers and Two Manufacturers. Journal of Food Quality, . doi:10.1155/2017/6792545
- Smith, K., Bellotti, W., Davey, T., Dean, J., Durham, J., Ferguson, M., Muriuki, G., Oliver, G., Schubert, L. and Xu, H. (2017). Food system governance in Australia: Co-creating the recipe for change. , Global Change Institute, The University of Queensland.
- Zhu, Yunxia, Okimoto, Tyler G., Roan, Amanda and Xu, Henry (2017) Developing management student cultural fluency for the real world: a situated cultural learning approach. Education and Training, 59 4: 353-373. doi:10.1108/ET-03-2016-0059
- So, Stuart and Xu, Henry (2016) Sustainable supply chain management as a practice of green innovation - from literature review to conceptualisation. International Journal of Business Innovation and Research, 10 2/3: 341-362. doi:10.1504/IJBIR.2016.074833
- Xu H. (2015) Business processes for enhancing coordination in supply networks. International Journal of Information Systems and Supply Chain Management, 8 2: 14-30. doi:10.4018/IJISSCM.2015040102
- Xu, Henry and Zhu, Yunxia (2014) Culture and inter-firm relationship management in China and Germany: an etic-emic perspective. International Journal of Enterprise Network Management, 6 2: 84-102. doi:10.1504/IJENM.2014.066811
- Xu, Henry Huaqing (2014). Supply chain process modelling for manufacturing systems. In John Wang (Ed.), Encyclopedia of Business Analytics and Optimization (pp. 2386-2394) Hershey, PA, United States: IGI Global. doi:10.4018/978-1-4666-5202-6.ch214
- Member, Australian Organization for Quality
|New staff research grant, Consortium grant||UQ||2008||$12,000|
|5th Framework IST Project||European Commission as co-chief investigator||2000||Undisclosed|