- Improvement of supply chain performance via effective coordination
- The research extends my work on enhancing supply chain agility through effective manufacturing coordination across the supply chain. The research framework and business processes for supply chain integration and coordination were originally developed in a manufacturing context, but can be adapted to service process management. The current research develops an understanding of how collaborative operational planning impacts the supply chain, especially the SMEs.
- Lean practices for a global supply chain
- The research is in line with a PhD research project, which examines the current practices in global supply chain management. Drawing from relevant literature review and investigation of appropriate companies, the research aims to provide a roadmap for achieving a lean global supply chain.
- The impact of mass customisation on complex supply networks
- Mass customisation presents a paradox as well as a challenge to traditional customised or mass-production practices. This challenge is even greater for complex supply networks such as the automotive supply network. The research examines the impact of mass customisation on the operational performance of the supply network, specifically, how the supply network producing highly customised products delivers the right product on time as promised to the customer.
- Xu, Henry and Agrey, Renae (2018). Major techniques and current developments of supply chain process modelling. In Encyclopedia of Information Science and Technology 4th edn ed. (pp. 5433-5445) Hershey, PA, USA: IGI Global.
- Zhu, Yunxia, Okimoto, Tyler G., Roan, Amanda and Xu, Henry (2017) Developing management student cultural fluency for the real world: a situated cultural learning approach. Education and Training, 59 4: 353-373. doi:10.1108/ET-03-2016-0059
- So, Stuart and Xu, Henry (2016) Sustainable supply chain management as a practice of green innovation - from literature review to conceptualisation. International Journal of Business Innovation and Research, 10 2/3: 341-362. doi:10.1504/IJBIR.2016.074833
- Xu H. (2015) Business processes for enhancing coordination in supply networks. International Journal of Information Systems and Supply Chain Management, 8 2: 14-30. doi:10.4018/IJISSCM.2015040102
- Xu, Henry Huaqing (2014). Supply chain process modelling for manufacturing systems. In John Wang (Ed.), Encyclopedia of Business Analytics and Optimization (pp. 2386-2394) Hershey, PA, United States: IGI Global. doi:10.4018/978-1-4666-5202-6.ch214
- So, Stuart and Xu, Henry (2014) A conceptual framework for adopting sustainability in greening the supply chain. International Journal of Logistics Systems and Management, 19 4: 491-510. doi:10.1504/IJLSM.2014.065662
- Xu, Henry and Zhu, Yunxia (2014) Culture and inter-firm relationship management in China and Germany: an etic-emic perspective. International Journal of Enterprise Network Management, 6 2: 84-102. doi:10.1504/IJENM.2014.066811
- Kinsella, Benjamin and Xu, Henry (2013). Building local supplier capability in the Queensland coal seam gas industry. In: Richard Lane and Daniel Kahn, Proceedings of the 11th ANZAM Operations, Supply Chain and Services Management Symposium. ANZAM Operations, Supply Chain and Services Management Symposium, Brisbane, QLD, Australia, (). 20-21 June 2013.
- So, Stuart, Xu, Henry, Rooney, David and Zhu, Yunxia (2013). Enabling of sustainable supply chain management with lean thinking: a study on manufacturing firms in Kyoto protocol signatories. In: Martin Grimmer and Rob Hecker, Proceedings of the 27th Australian and New Zealand Academy of Management Conference: Managing from the Edge. ANZAM Conference 2013: 27th Australian and New Zealand Academy of Management Conference, Hobart, Australia, (1-21). 4-6 December 2013.
- Parker, David, Waller, Katherine and Xu, Henry (2013) Private and public services: Productivity and performance migration. International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management, 62 6: 652-664. doi:10.1108/IJPPM-10-2012-0119
- Member, Australian Organization for Quality
|New staff research grant, Consortium grant||UQ||2008||$12,000|
|5th Framework IST Project||European Commission as co-chief investigator||2000||Undisclosed|
Strategy and International Business -