- Business model innovation
- Evolution, change and development of business models in established firms. Design and emergence of novel business models in new firms.
- Exploratory data analysis in innovation and strategy research
- Implementation of data mining techniques, analytics and machine learning algorithms in empirical research on innovation processes, innovation management and outcomes associated with corporate strategies.
- Technology and innovation management
- Technology adoption and diffusion at the firm and industry levels. Technology and research commercialisation. Economics of innovation. Innovation process. Innovation strategies.
- Brea, Edgar (2018). A developmental perspective on business model innovation: exploring sequences of change in high-performing IT firms PhD Thesis, UQ Business School, The University of Queensland. doi:10.14264/uql.2018.124
- Brea, Edgar, Hine, Damian and Kastelle, Tim (2016). Dynamics of business model innovation: a processual approach. In: Australian Centre for Entrepreneurship Research Exchange (ACERE) Conference 2016, Gold Coast, Australia, (). 2-5 February 2016.
- Brea, Edgar, Hine, Damian and Kastelle, Tim (2016). Exploring trajectories of business model change. In: 16th Conference of the International Schumpeter Society (ISS), Montreal, Canada, (). July 2016.
- King, Sarah, Hine, Damian, Brea, Edgar, Cook, Hannah and Macdonald, Charlie (2014) Make for Asia: the emerging Asian middle class and opportunities for Australian manufacturing Australia: CSIRO
- Brea, Edgar, Kambouris, Peter, Elfes, Alberto, Duff, Elliot, Bick, Marcel, Bonchis, Adrian, Tews, Ashley and Lopes, Lydia (2013) Lightweight assistive manufacturing solutions: improving Australia’s manufacturing competitiveness : CSIRO
- 2013 – CSIRO Postgraduate Scholarship (CSIRO)
- 2012 - Dean’s Commendation of High Achievement (The University of Queensland)
- 2012 - Latin American Professional Internship Scholarship (The University of Queensland)
|Assessing the potential technological and economic impact of large-scale deployment of robotic technologies to various sectors of the Australian economy||Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation||2017–2018||$110,000|