- Dynamic capabilities in firms
- Strategic, change focussed capabilities in volatile environments.
- Productivity and Innovation in firms and industries
- Innovation and productivity for competitiveness – in industries including mining, mining exploration, horticulture and biotechnology.
- Hine, Damian and Spee, Paul (2017) The evolution of Bahrain's telecommunications industry Brisbane, QLD, Australia: UQ Business School
- Hine, Damian and D'Cruz, Marieke (2016) Bio-savvy: how Australia can build a stronger biotechnology industry Sydney, NSW, Australia: The McKell Institute
- Verreynne, Martie-Louise, Hine, Damian, Coote, Len and Parker, Rachel (2016) Building a scale for dynamic learning capabilities: the role of resources, learning, competitive intent and routine patterning. Journal of Business Research, 69 10: 4287-4303. doi:10.1016/j.jbusres.2016.04.003
- Pinto, Pablo E., Hine, Damian C., Knights, Peter F. and Nehring, Micah (2016). Dynamic life cycles of publicly funded R&D consortia: case analyses from mining and beyond. In: Academy of Management Proceedings (Meeting Abstract Supplement). Academy of Management Meeting, Anaheim, California, (). 5 - 9 August 2016. doi:10.5465/AMBPP.2016.14430abstract
- Konara, Chamindika S., Barnard, Ross T., Hine, Damian, Siegel, Evan and Ferro, Vito (2015) The Tortoise and the hare: evolving regulatory landscapes for biosimilars. Trends in Biotechnology, 34 1: 70-83. doi:10.1016/j.tibtech.2015.10.009
- Collet, Chris, Hine, Damian and du Plessis, Karen (2015) Employability skills: perspectives from a knowledge-intensive industry. Education and Training, 57 5: 532-559. doi:10.1108/ET-07-2014-0076
- Pinto, Pablo E., Knights, Peter and Hine, Damian (2015). The design of publicly funded R&D consortia: preliminary learnings from a longitudinal field-case study. In: DRUID15 Conference on the Relevance of Innovation, Rome, Italy, (). 15-17 June, 2015.
- Hine, Damian, Verreynne, Martie-Louise, Steen, John and Gronum, Sarel (2015) Horticulture innovation Australia, final report: Transformational innovation performance analysis : Horticulture Innovation Australia Limited
- Pregelj, Lisette, Verreynne, Martie-Louise and Hine, Damian (2015) Changes in clinical trial length. Nature Reviews Drug Discovery, 14 5: 307-308. doi:10.1038/nrd4611
- Sawang, Sukanlaya, Parker, Rachel and Hine, Damian (2014) How small business advisory program delivery methods (collective learning, tailored, and practice-based approaches) affect learning and innovation. Journal of Small Business Management, 54 1: 244-261. doi:10.1111/jsbm.12142
|Genomics in Society||NH&MRC||2016-2018||$600,000|
|Capturing Coral Reef and Related Ecosystem Services||World Bank||2016-2018||$420,000|
|Dynamic capabilities and business model innovation in China||Chinese National Natural Science Foundation||2016-2017||$105,000|
|Supporting developments of the cultured pearl industries in Fiji and Tonga||Pacific Agribusiness Research for Development Initiative||2015||$51,264|
|Transformational innovation performance analysis||Horticulture Australia Limited||2013-2015||$161,297|
|Building pearl aquaculture business skills and community based industry development in the Pacific||Secretariat of the Pacific Community||2013-2014||$53,396|
|LP0776386 A comparative study of knowledge transfer systems and their contribution to knowledge transfer and diffusion, innovation and socioeconomic transformation||ARC Linkage Grant||2007-2010||$1,013,000|
|Extending teaching and learning initiatives in the cross-disciplinary field of biotechnology||Australian Learning and Teaching Council||2007-2009||$100,000|
|United States Advanced Technology Program Data Enclave on Innovation||National Institute for Standards and Technology||2007-2009||$60,000|
|LP0668162 A cross-national comparison of novel market-pull technology transfer programs which facilitate research organisation commercialisation through dynamic SMEs.||ARC Linkage Grant||2006-2008||$133,000|