- Business Models for Sustainability
- Types and characteristics of sustainability business models, especially in developing and emerging economies
- Business Strategy in Developing Countries
- The institutional environment in developing and emerging economies
- Industrial Ecology and Material Flow Management
- Strategies for establishing and managing material and energy flows, interlinkages and interdependencies between industries
- Renewable Energy
- Renewable energy entrepreneurship and innovation
- Gabriel, Cle-Anne (2017) With gas and hydro plans, the government is looking at the whole picture. The Conversation, .
- Gabriel, Cle-Anne (2017). Distributive justice for renewable energy entrepreneurs. In: Conference proceedings: LCEDN 6th Conference, 2017. Low Carbon Energy for Development Network (LCEDN) 6th Conference 2017, Durham, United Kingdom, (). 11-12 September 2017.
- Gabriel, Cle-Anne, Kirkwood, Jodyanne, Walton, Sara and Rose, Elizabeth L. (2016) How do developing country constraints affect renewable energy entrepreneurs?. Energy for Sustainable Development, 35 52-66. doi:10.1016/j.esd.2016.09.006
- Gabriel, Cle-Anne (2016) What is challenging renewable energy entrepreneurs in developing countries?. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 64 362-371. doi:10.1016/j.rser.2016.06.025
- Gabriel, Cle-Anne and Kirkwood, Jodyanne (2016) Business models for model businesses: Lessons from renewable energy entrepreneurs in developing countries. Energy Policy, 95 336-349. doi:10.1016/j.enpol.2016.05.006
- Gabriel, Cle-Anne, Stephenson, Janet and Carrington, Gerry (2015) The Dunedin energy baseline study :
- Swete-Kelly, D., Doering, A., Ford, R., Gabriel, C.-A. and Walton, S. (2014) Independent completion report: lighting Vanuatu Port Vila, Vanuatu:
- Walton, Sara, Doering, Adam, Gabriel, Cle-Anne and Ford, Rebecca (2014) Energy transitions: lighting in Vanuatu (Project Report) :
- Gabriel, C.-A. (2013). Overcoming obstacles: entrepreneurial business models for overcoming challenges in the deployment of renewable energies in developing countries. In: Organising and Governing Inclusive Business Models. oikos UNDP Young Scholars Development Academy 2013, Istanbul, Turkey, (). 2-6 September 2013.
- International Association for Energy Economics (IAEE)
- African Renewable Energy Alliance
- Nov-16 - Entrepreneurship, Start-Ups and Small Business, ANZAM 2016 (Australian and New Zealand Academy of Management) Conference, ‘Best Stream Reviewer’
|University Teaching Development Grant||Committee for the Advancement of Learning and Teaching, University of Otago||2017||$19,661|
|Commerce Research Grant||Commerce Division of the University of Otago||2016||$5,995|