- 1. Social Entrepreneurship & Social Business
- My major research focus is on social business & entrepreneurship. The questions that fascinate me in this area relate mainly to strategic management issues of social enterprises and explore business models, growth/scaling strategies (such as franchising or licensing), competitive advantage, leadership and corporate volunteering.
- 2. Organizational Forms & Management Theories
- My second research focus is on plural modes of organization, where I study when and why firms choose which plural sourcing strategy and the resulting performance implications such as innovation performance.
In my research I cooperate with (social) businesses and enterprises. My strength is in theoretical contributions for which I use a variety of research methods, both quantitative and qualitative.
- Ellis, P., Hartel, C. E. J., Krzeminska, A. and Barnard, R. (2018). How do the management activities of founding-owner managers change during the transition from a small to a medium enterprise? Extending the Theory of Letting Go. In: Australian Centre for Entrepreneurship Research (ACERE) Conference, Brisbane, Australia, (). 6-9 February 2018.
- Krzeminska, A., Lim, J. and Hartel, C. E. J. (2018). Workgroup emotional climate is predicted by ratings of servant leadership behavior and predicts team members’ self-rated psychological capital and occupational stress. In Neal M. Ashkanasy, Wilfred J. Zerbe and Charmine E. J. Härtel (Ed.), Individual relational, and contextual dynamics of emotions (pp. 00-00) Bingley, United Kingdom: Emerald Group Publishing.
- Krzeminska, Anna and Zeyen, Anica (2016) A stewardship cost perspective on the governance of delegation relationships: the case of social franchising. Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly, 1-21. doi:10.1177/0899764016643610
- Krzeminska, Anna and Eckert, Christine (2015) Complementarity of internal and external R&D: Is there a difference between product versus process innovations?. R and D Management, 46 931-944. doi:10.1111/radm.12120
- Heinecke, Andreas, Kloibhofer, Magdalena and Krzeminska, Anna (2014) Leadership in social enterprise: how to manage yourself and the team :
- Beckmann, Markus, Zeyen, Anica and Krzeminska, Anna (2014). Mission, finance, and innovation: the similarities and differences between social entrepreneurship and social business. In Andrea Grove and Gary A. Berg (Ed.), Social Business: Theory, Practice, and Critical Perspectives (pp. 23-42) Heidelberg, Germany: Springer. doi:10.1007/978-3-642-45275-8_2
- Krzeminska, Anna, Hoetker, Glenn and Mellewigt, Thomas (2013) Reconceptualizing plural sourcing. Strategic Management Journal, 34 13: 1614-1627. doi:10.1002/smj.2062
- Krzeminska, Anna Determinants and management of make-and-buy: an extension to transaction cost economics. Wiesbaden, Germany: Gabler, 2008. doi:10.1007/978-3-8349-9924-5_3
- Michels, Thomas and Krzeminska, Anna (2006). Sarbanes-Oxley Act und Six Sigma als Instrumente des Prozess-Controllings bei der AXA Konzern AG. In Axel v. Werder, Harald Stöber and Jens Grundei (Ed.), Organisations-Controlling: Konzepte und Praxisbeispiele (pp. 135-152) Wiesbaden, Germany: Der Gabler Verlag. doi:10.1007/978-3-8349-9265-9
- Academy of Management (AoM)
- Strategic Management Society (SMS)
- Verband der Hochschullehrer fuer Betriebswirtschaft e.V. (VHB)
- European Group of Organisational Studies (EGOS)
- 2013 – Award for Excellence in Research, Leuphana University Lueneburg
- 2002 – Best Diploma in Business Administration, University of Mainz
- 2002 – Outstanding Diploma Thesis in the Faculty of Economics, University of Mainz
|Marketing Discipline Research Grant||University of Technology, Sydney||2012||Undisclosed|
|Post-Doc Research Scholarship||Leuphana University||2011-2013||Undisclosed|
|Faculty of Business Research Grant||University of Technology, Sydney||2010||Undisclosed|
|Faculty of Business Research Grant||University of Technology, Sydney||2009||Undisclosed|
|Dissertation research scholarship||FAZIT Foundation||2006-2008||Undisclosed|