- 1. n-Culturals
- Research on individual adjustment to cultures, n-Culturals, multicultural individuals, development of multi-method assessment on n-Culturals, including acculturation.
n-Culturals are individuals who are capable of creatively synthesizing all facets of their multiple identities. They have knowledge, identification, internalization and commitment to all the cultures they have an affinity to, and recognition that these elements exist within them. This perspective is novel and differs from previous views of multiculturalism. This view enables us to map multiculturals along the multiculturalism continuum and provides us with a way to help people to progress in their multiculturalism.
- 2. Cultural intelligence
- Influence of Culture(s) on Individuals; development of a multi-method assessment tool for cultural intelligence aimed at assessing cultural metacognition.
- 3. International Organisational Behaviour/ International Management
- Career Development for Racial and Ethnic Minorities; Conflict and trust; Corporate Governance & Ethics; Family Business Networks; Work Values; Organisational Communication; Organizational Attribution; Servant Leadership.
- Sendjaya, Sen, Pekerti, Andre, Hartel, Charmine E. J., Hirst, Giles, Butar Butar, Ivan Destian and Liao, Yuan (2018) Other-focused leaders, self-focused followers, and citizenship behavior. Academy of Management Proceedings, 2018 1: 12276. doi:10.5465/ambpp.2018.12276abstract
- Vora, Davina, Martin, Lee, Fitzsimmons, Stacey R., Pekerti, Andre A., Lakshman, C. and Raheem, Salma (2018) Multiculturalism within individuals: A review, critique, and agenda for future research. Journal of International Business Studies, . doi:10.1057/s41267-018-0191-3
- Pekerti, Andre, Vuong, Quan-Hoang, Ho, Tung Manh and Vuong, Thu-Trang (2017) Health care payments in Vietnam: patients' quagmire of caring for health versus economic destitution. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 14 10: 1118. doi:10.3390/ijerph14101118
- Pekerti, Andre A and Arli, Denni (2017) Do Cultural and Generational Cohorts Matter to Ideologies and Consumer Ethics? A Comparative Study of Australians, Indonesians, and Indonesian Migrants in Australia. Journal of Business Ethics, 143 2: 387-404. doi:10.1007/s10551-015-2777-z
- Arli, Denni and Pekerti, Andre (2017) Who is more ethical? Cross-cultural comparison of consumer ethics between religious and non-religious consumers. Journal of Consumer Behaviour, 16 1: 82-98. doi:10.1002/cb.1607
- Pekerti, Andre Anugerah, Vuong, Quan Hoang and Napier, Nancy K. (2017) Double edge experiences of expatriate acculturation: navigating through personal multiculturalism. Journal of Global Mobility, 5 3: 225-250. doi:10.1108/JGM-08-2016-0037
- Arli, Denni, Pekerti, Andre, Kubacki, Krzysztof and Rundle-Thiele, Sharyn (2016) Exploring the impact of self-construal and cultural intelligence on alcohol consumption: implications for social marketing. International Journal of Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Marketing, 21 4: 269-285. doi:10.1002/nvsm.1559
- Fujimoto, Yuka, Hartel, Charmine E. J. and Pekerti, Andre (2016). Strengths that individualism and collectivism bring to teams: 'strengths-oriented' HR practices. In Connie Zheng (Ed.), International human resource management: trends, practices and future directions (pp. 45-84) New York, NY, United States: Nova Science Publisher.
- Sendjaya, Sen, Pekerti, Andre, Härtel, Charmine, Hirst, Giles and Butarbutar, Ivan (2016) Are authentic leaders always moral? The role of Machiavellianism in the relationship between authentic leadership and morality. Journal of Business Ethics, 133 1: 125-139. doi:10.1007/s10551-014-2351-0
- Arli, Denni and Pekerti, Andre (2016) Investigating the influence of religion, ethical ideologies and generational cohorts toward consumer ethics: which one matters?. Social Responsibility Journal, 12 4: 770-785. doi:10.1108/SRJ-08-2015-0112
- University Fellows International Research Consortium
- Australia New Zealand International Business Association - Vice president (2011-2014)
- International Association for Cross-Cultural Psychology
- Academy of International Business
|Serving the greater good: using 'Servant Leadership' to build ethical and engaging work practices (with Dr Sen Sendjaya, Dr Andre Pekerti, Dr Giles Hirst and Ms Robyn Clark)||ARC Linkage Grant||2011-2014||$247,908|
|Servant Leadership||UQ Firstlink Fund||2007||Undisclosed|
|Cultural Intelligence Project. (with Thomas, Stahl, Ravlin, Pekerti, Maznevski, Lazarova, Jackson, Elron, Ekelund, Cerdin, Brislin, Aycan, & Au.)||Social Science and Humanities Research Council of Canada Grant||2004-2007||Undisclosed|
|Cultural Intelligence||UQ New Staff Research Grant||2004||Undisclosed|