Applicants for the MBA program must have four years full-time work experience post-graduation including at least two of the four years in a dedicated supervisory/management role as approved by the Executive Dean as well as a:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent with a GPA of at least 4.50 on a 7 point scale
- OR Graduate Diploma in Business Administration from UQ or equivalent with a GPA of at least 4.50 on a 7 point scale
- International applicants must complete the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) with a minimum score of 550 as well as achieved at least 6.5 overall with no subscore less than 6.0 in the IELTS test (or equivalent test)
- Applicants may be required to attend an interview
Full-time (24 month) MBA Scholarship - Completion Incentive
(this scholarship is only available to students who commenced prior to 2016)
- The Hollewand Consulting UQ MBA Scholarship
- Indigenous MBA student scholarship
- Streamlined 24 month and Flexible part-time Domestic MBA student scholarship
- Women MBA student scholarship
Students without the equivalent of an Australian Bachelor’s degree are able to enter via the Graduate Certificate in Business Administration as long as they have at least seven years full-time work experience with at least three of those seven years in a dedicated supervisory/management role. Upon successful completion of the first four MBA courses and meeting the GPA entry requirements, students articulate into the Graduate Diploma in Business Administration. Successful completion of the next four MBA courses and meeting the GPA entry requirements allows for entry into the MBA program to complete the final four courses.
View the MBA Program guide for a detailed overview of the program.
We offer a host of opportunities exclusive to UQ Business School MBA students to engage you in decision-making and big-picture analysis while enhancing your leadership skills:
Social Economic Engagement Program
UQ Business School’s highly successful Social Economic Engagement Program (SEEP) was developed especially for MBA students and offers the chance to put classroom learning into practice and make a lasting difference through working with community organisations.
International Immersion Tours
Gain a new perspective on international business by taking part in an MBA Immersion tour. These optional tours provide a depth of insight that cannot be matched in the classroom. You will meet local business people, learn about the country’s economy, and develop new contacts and career opportunities.
Fudan University MBA iLab
Working with global partner institutions, students complete a real life market entry or expansion project for a company looking to expand into China.
We recognise that juggling your career, family or social commitments while returning to study can be challenging. This is why we offer three study options to help you succeed.
This can be completed in 12 months and is taught in intensive blocks between early January and November.
This can be completed in 24 months alongside your work commitments and is structured to include some evening classes, weekend intensive classes and some one-week intensive mode offerings.
If you need more than two years to complete your MBA due to work or personal commitments, you can structure the program to suit your needs by taking evening, weekend or one-week intensive classes.
*International students are only able to complete the accelerated option.
The MBA is an ideal vehicle to help you move ahead in your career, confidently establish your own business or make the transition to a different industry or profession.
Our MBA program helps open up opportunities in middle and senior management as well as management consultancy roles.
How to shape your career
As a MBA student, you have access to a range of services to help prepare you for a successful career:
• The MBA Career Resource Centre – We have a dedicated team here to support MBA students and alumni providing a range of advice, guidance and support in managing your career. Specialist career consultants work with MBA students to understand their career goals and help them with employment opportunities. For career enquiries (for both MBA students and alumni), please contact the MBA Careers Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07 3846 0685.
• MBA networking events – We have developed a range of events to help you establish connections with industry professionals and MBA alumni.
UQ Business School offers a wide range of advice and support for future and current students.
Domestic student enquiries
To find out more about applications or programs for Australian (domestic) students, call +61 7 3346 8100 (open 8:30am to 4:30 pm from Monday to Friday except university and public holidays) or email email@example.com.
International student enquiries
For further enquiries about applications or programs, international students can call +61 3 8676 7004 from outside Australia or 1800 671 980 from inside Australia (free call).
Find details of international educational representatives
Find out more about fees, charges and financial assistance
Student centres are located on each campus including St Lucia and provide a one-stop shop for student administration enquiries – including enrolment, timetables, fees, graduation, academic transcripts and ID cards – and general enquiries.
Call +61 7 3365 2600 from 8.30am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday or visit the student centre page.
Follow the links below to access further information and support: