Bachelor of Advanced Business (Honours)
At a glance
Our elite, four-year honours program will be exclusive to a small, highly motivated and high-achieving cohort of aspiring leaders in business, the community or academia. The Bachelor of Advanced Business (Honours) is designed to make you stand out to employers, being run by internationally respected industry experts and academics.
As a leading global institution, we’re renowned for our cutting-edge research, close links with industry and quality of our academic staff. The Bachelor of Advanced Business (Honours) provides comprehensive learning in business fundamentals, including analysis and decision-making, accounting and finance, and professional communication.
Feel supported throughout your degree knowing that UQ Business School is home to some of the most innovative educators in Australia. They are bound to challenge your thinking and ensure you stay ahead of the game. Our courses reflect the world right now and address constantly evolving issues in areas like business information systems, climate, entrepreneurship and new technologies.
Who is this degree for?
This program is designed for those looking to push the boundaries and develop high-level skills in critical and analytical thinking. The Bachelor of Advanced Business (Honours) will see you graduate with a highly sought after honours degree, capable of identifying solutions for the complex challenges facing the modern business world.
As this elite program is limited to a small cohort, you will work closely with industry experts and be exposed to real-life challenges facing businesses today.
The Bachelor of Advanced Business (Honours) can be tailored to help you achieve your career goals. You may choose up to three majors from:
- Business Analytics
- Business Information Systems
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Human Resources
- International Business
Our unique capstone course in leadership and ethics will provide an opportunity for you to apply your knowledge and skills to real business cases.
Alternatively, this program can be used as a stepping stone to further research. The research pathway is offered via a thesis for those students who may wish to enter into a Higher Degree by Research.
What career outcomes are there?
UQ Business School graduates are typically aligned with leading roles in organisations across the private, public and not-for-profit sectors. Graduates are equipped and ready to pursue career paths that arise from being qualified with a coveted degree, with opportunities that range from small start-ups to holding top management positions in a large multinational organisation.
The specific roles, industries and sectors our graduates work in will largely depend on their choice of majors and career ambitions.
Those who have pursued a research pathway may find themselves continuing their passion for research and knowledge by pursuing further postgraduate studies.
As a UQ student, you have access to a range of services to prepare for a successful career:
- The Student Employability Team (SET) – assists students with accessing career opportunities and managing their careers. SET programs give students an edge by helping build industry experience and develop lifelong employability skills. Contact their team of employability specialists to set and achieve your career goals.
- Networking events – these events help students establish connections with industry professionals.
- Employer presentations on campus – provides opportunities to meet UQ graduates currently employed in industry and understand what the employer is looking for in a new hire.
- UQ Careers Fair - an annual university wide event for students to meet with over 130 potential employers to source information on career opportunities.
- Global Experiences Expo - discover how UQ provides students with opportunities to study overseas, or get support to work, learn or volunteer on a short trip.