BEL excels at teaching and learning awards31 October 2018
The University of Queensland celebrated excellence in teaching and learning at Brisbane’s Customs House last night.
Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) Professor Joanne Wright said the annual Teaching and Learning Awards honoured teachers from across the University for their innovation, commitment and drive.
“The personal and professional commitment of our academics ensures the University continues to create globally relevant job-ready future leaders,” she said.
“UQ’s vision of knowledge leadership for a better world demands we provide our students with the knowledge and skills to be enterprising graduates capable of building meaningful, agile careers.
“We set aside this night each year to recognise and thank those teachers who extend themselves and go the extra mile to create stimulating and inspirational environments for their students.
“It’s always an honour to be able to thank our teachers for their invaluable work.”
Business, Economics and Law (BEL) Faculty Associate Dean (Academic) Professor Polly Parker congratulated all members of the BEL learning and teaching community.
“Across the BEL Faculty, we are fortunate to have teachers and tutors who provide a transformative and partnered learning experience for our students,” she said.
“As the world of work changes, so too must our research and teaching, and it is great to see these awards recognise some of the many valuable contributions to improving student engagement and employability made by our business, economics and law teachers.”
Teaching and Learning Week runs from Monday 29 October to Friday 2 November, with a focus on innovative teaching practices including blended learning, enterprise and innovation, and students as partners.
BEL Faculty winners include:
UQ Awards for Excellence 2018
UQ Teaching Fellows
- Dr Alastair Tombs, Business School
Citations for Contributions to Student Learning
The Everest Team – UQ Business School
- Dr Geoffrey Greenfield (lead)
- Dr Elizabeth Nichols
- Dr Gemma Irving
- Associate Professor April Wright
- Mr Ross Strong
- Dr Cle-Anne Gabriel
Commendation for Citations for Contributions to Student Learning
Tutor Trainers in Economics – School of Economics
- Dr Bruce Littleboy
- Mr Carl Sherwood
- Associate Professor KK Tang
- Dr Frederique Bracoud
- Dr Bryan Morgan
UQ Higher Education Academy Fellowship 2018
- Professor Polly Parker, Associate Dean (Academic), BEL Faculty
- Associate Professor Pierre Benckendorff, Business School
- Russell Hinchy, TC Beirne School of Law
- Associate Professor Lisa Ruhanen, Business School
- Associate Professor KK Tang, School of Economics
- Hasibul Chowdhury, PhD student, tutor and casual research assistant, Business School
- Evan Matthews, Business School
- Dr David Mills, Business School
- Dr Marisol Alonso Vazquez, Business School
2017 Australian Awards for University Teaching (AAUT)
Awards for Teaching Excellence
- Carl Sherwood, School of Economics
Media: BEL Communications, email@example.com, +61 7 3346 0700.