Workshop Series: Jean-Francois Hennart
Lunch at the Rooftop Cafe after the workshop.
Join our staff, students and alumni attending workshops presented by visiting academics on their area of research expertise.
Department of Strategy and Organization, Tilburg University, The Netherlands Education: Ph.D., Economics, University of Maryland, 1977; M.A., Economics, University of Maryland, 1971.
- Professor of International Management and Fellow of the Center for Research in Economics and Business, Tilburg University, (1998-.) Teaching and Research in International Management.
- Visiting Professor, Institute of International Economics and Management, Copenhagen Business School, Copenhagen, Denmark, September-December 1996.
- Professor (1994-1998) and Associate Professor (1990-1994) of International Business, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Teaching and research in international business, international management, foreign market entry strategies, and international business policy.
- Anheuser Busch Term Assistant Professor of Management, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 1984-1990. Teaching and research in international business, international management, and foreign market entry strategies.
- Associate Professor of International Business, Florida International University, Miami, Florida, 1981 1984. Teaching and research in international business, international management, and international business policy.
- Senior Economist, Fondation pour la Nouvelle Economie Politique, Paris, France, 1979 1981. Senior economist in a private research foundation applying economic analysis to social problems.
- Expert, United Nations, Office of Technical Cooperation, 1977 1979. Contract for teaching and research in development economics and planning at the National School of Administration of Niamey, Niger.
- Economist, Office of Research, Department of Economic and Community Development, State of Maryland, 1972 1977. Applied economic analysis to issues relevant to the Maryland economy. Honors:
- Among the Five Best Teachers of the Tilburg School of Economics and Business, Fall Semester 2009
- Fellow of the European International Business Academy, 2007.
- Vrije Universiteit Brussel Honorary Chair in Strategy for 2000-2001.
- Fellow of the Academy of International Business, 1999.
- Ph.D, Honoris Causa, University of Vaasa, 1998. Refereed Book: Hennart, J. F., A Theory of Multinational Enterprise. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 1982, 201 pp.