Undergraduate O Week Welcome for BCom, BBusMan and BIHTM
The welcome session is intended to provide an introduction and overview of the programs for Bachelor of Business Management, Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of International Hotel and Tourism Management students. Attendance is compulsory for students commencing in these Bachelor degrees.
The first portion of the session will introduce students to the programs, program leaders and provide guidance on topics such as study expectations, time management, lectures and tutorials, timetables and where to go for more information. The second portion of the session will allow students to meet with staff and answer any questions they may have.
- Transitioning from school to university
- Difference between tutorials and lectures
- Planning your semester at University
- How to access your timetable and select tutorials
- Study expectations
- Study plans
- Student unions and associations
- Dedicated SET support contact and services
- Exchange opportunities
- Useful links and information
- Tips for surviving week 1