2018 MBA Wandering Warriors Scholarship
UQ Business School is offering up to two (2) 100% tuition-fee waiver scholarships to outstanding domestic students who are members of Wandering Warriors Inc. commencing in either the Accelerated 12 month full-time MBA program, the Streamlined 24 month MBA program or the Flexible part-time MBA program in 2018 only. This scholarship is only open to new students who are members of Wandering Warriors Inc.
The scholarships purpose is to support the volunteer members of Wandering Warriors by providing tuition support to outstanding members—who meet all the MBA entry (or MBA articulation pathway) requirements—who are making the transition from the Australian Defence Force into civilian life.
What is the scholarship?
The scholarship will be renewed at the end of each semester of the program if the holder:
- Obtains satisfactory grades; and
- Makes a satisfactory rate of progress towards completing the MBA program; and
- Fulfils the obligations* of the MBA program.
The MBA Director alone will determine the meaning of the word “satisfactory” for the purpose of (a) and (b) above.
*Obligations of the scholarship holder are to:
- Commence study in the applicable semester the scholarship is awarded including the MBA orientation event; and
- Complete all 12 courses within the MBA program course list (no substitutions permitted); and
- diligently and to the best of their ability apply themselves to the successful completion of the MBA program; and
- Conform to The University of Queensland rules, regulations, policies, and procedures (including disciplinary provisions); and
- Not defer or otherwise interrupt studies for any period of time; and
Notify the MBA Director, with a submission to the Coordinator – MBA Student Liaison Team in writing if:
- they are absent for any reason (other than officially timetabled study breaks) for a period of 7 days or more from the place of study, except with prior approval from the MBA Director.
Scholarship holders who do not continue to meet all of the requirements in (a), (b) and (c) as stated above will forfeit the scholarship. This will result in the scholarship being withdrawn, and the student will not be eligible to re-apply for the scholarship.
The University of Queensland may require the scholarship holder to repay the tuition-fee waiver amount if the student fails to:
- Meet all of the requirements in (a), (b) and (c), including obligations 1 – 6, as stated above; or
- Successfully pass a course with a grade of 4 or higher.
How to apply?
Applicants must meet each of the following conditions in order to apply for the scholarship:
- Have already submitted an application for entry into the MBA program (or MBA articulation pathway) and be eligible to receive an ‘unconditional’ offer for admission^. That is, you must have met the official entry criteria for acceptance into the MBA program (including GMAT if required, English language proficiency if required, and work and managerial experience); and
- Be a member of the Wandering Warriors Inc. organisation; and
- NOT have been awarded any other MBA scholarship as defined by UQ Business School.
^Applications for admission to the MBA program should be submitted separately to your scholarship application. Details to apply for admission into the MBA program are located on the Courses and Programs website.
Submitting an application
Scholarship application closing dates:
- Semester one – 30 November 2017
- Semester two – 31 May 2018
Submit your application to the Wandering Warriors Inc. Education and Employment Manager who will forward recommendations on behalf of the organisation to the Coordinator - MBA Student Liaison Team via email@example.com.
Terms and conditions
Applicants will be notified in writing of the outcome of the scholarship selection process as soon as possible after the closing date. No late applications will be considered. Scholarships are limited and awarded on a competitive basis. All scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the MBA Director whose decision is final.
Further information is available from the Coordinator - MBA Student Liaison Team. Telephone +61 7 3346 8069 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.