Students enrolled through the UQ Business School are initially admitted to the RHD program as internal students but may apply to transfer to remote candidacy if the following conditions have been met:
- Considerable progress made towards completion of the degree
- Completion of all required coursework
- Completion of confirmation of candidature
- Appointment of a Principal Advisor from The University of Queensland
- Appointment of a qualified local Associate Advisor
- Assurance that satisfactory contact can be maintained between advisors and candidate
- Evidence of access to necessary facilities (equipment, library access, etc)
- Approval by the Chair of the Research Committee that the candidate is able to attend the University for at least nine weeks over the period of the candidature
Not all research projects can be conducted on a remote basis: the school will not approve remote status if the above conditions cannot be met.
There is a University-wide requirement for students to attend their principal place of University study for a minimum period of time over the total period of candidature: the default period is 9 weeks, but a larger period may be approved by the School on a case-by-case basis.
The University expects that remote students will attend the University from time to time to obtain library materials to consult with their advisory team, and to undertake other relevant activities wtihin the Business School. The University Library provides remote access to its catalogue and databases as well as electronic journals and internet services. However, remote students will need access locally to appropriate computer hardware and software and will need to obtain training from the Library. Details information on the services available can be obtained by conducting the University Library.
Challenging The Future